Ninja 250's (Canadian model..) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Ninja 250's (Canadian model..)

Hey, I'm lookin at buying a new Ninja 250. The canadian ones are so pretty! And I live in Canada, so it works out! Yeah, so, does anyone have one of these, or anything they could tell me?? I don't think I could hear anything bad, just wondering what others thought.
P.S> can you mount the turn signals into the tail section?? It sure looks like those little bits would just unscrew for that purpose....
Peace! Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Smile Hey Triple!

Hey Triple,
thanks so much for the story!! I also loved the video of the race start.... How exactly did everyone manage to get around that guy???? Woah!
Sounds like you are having a blast with your little guy! That's awesome!! You should come and hang out in the chat sometime... It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays, there is another guys with a baby Ninja... Lots of fun.
Well, thankyou again!
Laura
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Hey,
I watched it again and saw barbie bike! I myself hope to be kicking some serious man-ass on my little guy in the near future! Embarrassing CBR owners, sounds like fun, wish I could go....
How long have you had yours for?? What colour? Tell me everything!! lol
I think he'll fit me well, I'm 5'8", 135lbs.
I can't hardly wait!
Laura

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Cool canadian model

hey here's a pic of the Canadian ones, they're a little different from the ones the US gets... Same specs though.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Nice looking bike!!
I don't think ours are bigger really, they just look it.... The seat hight is 29.3 inches.... I think they are the same, just look different.
That would be a big difference in power! I'm glad it's not too underpowered for you.... I think it will feel like a big jump for me, I'll be able to take much more speed into corners and such....
Poor Nicky (my seca) wont get out as much, but he'll hang around as a commuter bike or something. I could never get rid of him now... We've been through so much!
Your bike is so nice, bet it looks awesome in all black!
Laura
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Cool

hehe. i did this really quickly....
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:43 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by lk_knight
hehe. i did this really quickly....
Ahhh, you must be a real arteest.

I like the Canadian one better too. That fairing makes a big difference!

WHY DOES EVERYBODY ELSE GET THE COOLER STUFF! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

-Brian

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Hehe, thanks.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Smile hi

The normal ex250's are cheaper... we don't get them though unless I get an old one... I figured it out, and in my money, there is about $1000 difference between the ex and the zzr. But it would probably cost me near to that to go down to the US, get one, and bring it back... Plus I don't know how much hassle there would be at the boarder for importing it and stuff.

First teenager motorcyclist eh? I've met two others in real life... One other in here. They were all guys though. I got my liscence right when I turned 16, I still can't drive a car.... LOL
I'm not sure how old I'd have to go to get an ex here... I know they were in the early 90's. I don't wanna go that old though.

Nah, I don't wanna throw Nicky in a pond.... I've also had an offer of someone who'd like to throw him off a bridge... LOL If I don't ride him, my dad will. He's not about to start riding his perfect-looking 1972 BMW R75/5 to work... hehehe. Hey, actually now that I think of it someone wanted to have a 'Seca-barbeque' too....

Oh yeah, they look a little different from the picture... They don't say zzr on them, they say ninja where it says that. So they're a little bit different from the 'euro' models.

Pretty little bike though. My dad has decided it's the nicest looking of all the ninjas. He want's one too... In the same colour! not gonna let that happen. LOL

Laura
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi,
there really arn't many used ones to be had.... I think in the last year and a half I've seen two that were for sale. And I've only seen one zzr style one in town. The one I looked at was a 1990. It had 'only' been dropped three times as the owner put it. He wanted like $2000 for it.... I didn't think it was a very good deal.... And the dealership told me to 'back away (from it) slowly'. lol.
I'd still have to pay duty on one I brought up though wouldn't I?
Haha, stupid me, I was figuring it out with tax added on the ones here, and not yet on the ex. So there really isn't that much difference. Like $200. Unless you have less tax.... oops.
Thanks for all the info!! Most helpfull! By the time I've made the money for it, the 03's will be out and I'll probably be able to get an 02 that's been hanging around for less. Or if the 03's are the same price one of them. Maybe they'll come in red again next year! lol
By the way, does your bike have a name?
Again, thanks so much!
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode