Center Stand - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to sstraub2001 Send a message via Yahoo to sstraub2001
Question Center Stand

I just bought an 02' Busa and wanted a center stand for it. Dealer wants $130 for bolt on after market center stand. It's a spring, bolt and 8" of tubular steel welded together. Does anyone know an after market provider so I can deal direct or another supplier of centerstands. Work parking lot is asphalt, which gets soft in Texas summer heat. I have searched and haven't been able to find one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 07:17 AM

Dude;

Sorry I don't know of a supplier for your centrestand, over here there's a chappie that I'd get to make me one but I'm in New Zealand and I doubt that helps you much (he'd want the bike to fit it precisely).

However, I agree with your sentiments; that's extorsion. I can see Suzuki USA not really wanting those repeat customers. Unless this is the dealer himself. Have you tried falling on the mercy of Suzuki directly? It wouldn't surprise me if they'd cut you a deal, since you just forked over a shitload of cash for a brand new bike.

2001 Honda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(F4i)
1993 Toyota
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 11:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Just a word of warning, centerstands can be more dangerous on hot pavement as compared to sidestands. I learned the lesson the hard way. My 96 VFR fell over while on the center stand. The stand sunk in then stopped on the part that you push down on the WAM it fell over. When on the side stand most of the bike's weight is still on the tires whereas with the centerstand almost all weight is on stand. My recommendation is get a small disk of plastic or similar and keep it with you to put under the side stand.

I wish I could help with a source for an aftermarket supplier since centerstands are very handy for doing maint.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 11:58 AM

center stand

if you park your bike in the same place at work every day do what i did take a four inch disc of 1/8 inch steel, and weld spike to the bottom, when nobody at work is looking pound spike into asphalt and your disc is there for you everyday. the little plastic things that go under side stand work good,IF YOU HAVE ONE, the one day you dont SPLAT there goes your bike

good luck joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode