Kawasaki Zzr 1200 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Question Kawasaki Zzr 1200

Anyone plan on buying one of these If it came with fuel injection I would have concidered trading my 99 Blackbird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Resident Smartass

The thought never crossed my mind. I haven't lusted after a ZX11 since I was 22, why would I want a softened, detuned one 12 years later? I'd rather have a '99 XX.

Suck mean people!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Talking

tristan, we will have to wait for the reviews The ZZR is supposed to have more torque than the ZX11 and Blackbird If you get a chance to take a blackbird for a ride you won't be disapointed

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:40 PM

ZZR1200

I currently own a 2001 ZRX1200 which is where the ZZR got it's motor from, with a few tweeks. It all depends on what kind of power you are looking for. If you like "jerk your arms out of their sockets" torque from 3000 rpm up, you will NOT find another bike that will suit your needs. If you don't believe me just take one for a ride.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 07:05 AM

I had hoped to buy the ZZR this spring, but there's still no information out there about the bike, just the Kawasaki propaganda. The 1st ones just got to the showrooms last week, but the weather isn't up to a test ride.

Anybody seen any reviews yet? You'd think Kawi would be eager to get their product some publicity? (unless the bike stinks).

The older I get,
The better I was.

Last edited by oldgixer; 04-29-2002 at 09:33 AM.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 10:16 PM

Exclamation

Keep your 99 bird, those are the best ones, all BLACK and injected, they haven't looked right since, My buddy has one, it is sooo smooth and comfy....Carbs may work O.K (ZZR)but injection is where it's at
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-16-2002, 09:16 AM

To me, that kind of bike is all about how I feel riding the bike in terms of body position, and then it is the "whup ass coefficient" (power).

I think I would like fuel injection, but I currently own three bikes and none have FI and they all work pretty much the way I expect them to all the time.

I thought about buying that bike, but now that Yamaha is releasing that 1300 sport tourer stateside, I am going to have to test ride the ZZR and that Yamaha and see. I am not sure, though, that I want to go that route at all since I have a sportbike I love and I have a touring bike too and a standard with hard bags. Do I need it? Who said anything about "need"?

Ever since I test rode a VTX I have wanted one of those more than anything, it is like driving a bike with a V-8.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 10:43 PM

Thumbs up

Both mcn and bike magazine have just tested the zzr1200 within the last few days(my bro lives in ireland and gives me all the latest from across the pond) and the kaw does brilliantly.Gives out about 135 rere wheel horses and is a very comfortable sporty tourer which handles great. In mcn its up against the bird, the bmw1200rs and the fj1300 yamaha. I ride a zrx1200r and may be a little biased in the kaws favor but I think its a gorgeous bike for the real world at a good price. Daithi
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Daithi, so how did the ZZR1200 do against the Blackbird I own a 99 bird and love it
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 08:47 AM

Thumbs up

Hi bbirdxx2000, You have to be patient with me as I am getting you to this new fangled gadget they call a computer(I`not kidding) and am glad to tell you that the bird did well in the test as did all the bikes actually. There are no really bad bikes out there now, its more down to brand loyalties and personal preferences. My brother in The Ould Sod rides a Busa and one of his best buddies a Bird so I get a lot of feedback from them. The bird seems like a softer and slick bike than the rather over the top busa which for a lot of people is a little intimadating!! I am going to get my brother to scan the test asap and when I get it I will let you know. The bird is being changed for next year you probably know and looks real nice on the mcn site. Maybe a good time to update the `99 for the new improved version. It looks classy in red and those headlights!! see ya later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode