2002 CBR600 F4i vs YZF 600 R6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Question 2002 CBR600 F4i vs YZF 600 R6

I'm looking to buy a new 600 this spring and I'm down to the 2002 Yamaha or Honda. Just wondering if either bike has been changed and how. I'm also interest in hear from any one who has rode both bikes and what they think of them. So far I'm leaning towards the Honda because of the lower seat height ( I'm only 5 foot 7). I'm torn between both bikes right now . Any help or comments about either machine would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 05:26 AM

F4i v. R6

Laser_1992: I've ridden both as 1999 models. I have an F4 and I've ridden my buddy's R6 several times. I am the same height as you. How long have you been riding and on what type of bike(s)?
My point is: the Honda is more user-friendly, has a bit more low-end grunt and is not as nervous a handler as the R6. Plus, the Honda has a smoother gearbox. The R6 has better brakes. Both bikes have screamer motors. The R6 is/feels smaller and lighter than the Honda. I don't recall any ride height variation between the two. It may just come down to which one looks better to you.... Good luck!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 01:13 PM

R6 VS F4i

I HAVE BOTH BIKES IN MY GARAGE RIGHT NOW..BOTH 2001 MODELS...THESE BIKES ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME IN EVERY ASPECT...I RIDE THEM BOTH REGULARLY AND FIND THAT THE HONDA IS MORE STREETABLE...WHAT I MEAN BY THIS IS THAT THE F4i FEELS MORE STABLE ONTHE ROAD..I LOVE BOTH BIKES BUT FIND MYSELF RIDING THE HONDA MORE FREQUENTLY.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 01:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Re: R6 VS F4i

Quote:
Originally posted by TERRY D
I HAVE BOTH BIKES IN MY GARAGE RIGHT NOW..BOTH 2001 MODELS...THESE BIKES ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME IN EVERY ASPECT...I RIDE THEM BOTH REGULARLY AND FIND THAT THE HONDA IS MORE STREETABLE...WHAT I MEAN BY THIS IS THAT THE F4i FEELS MORE STABLE ONTHE ROAD..I LOVE BOTH BIKES BUT FIND MYSELF RIDING THE HONDA MORE FREQUENTLY.
LOL!!

It is going to be tough to find a better comparison than this one and the one before it. Not many have ridden back to back like this.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Neuspeed16
Differences

I was in the same positon as you just a week ago. Basically you have the same dilemma as me being that I also stand at 5'-7". If I remember right the difference between both bikes is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch higher for the R6. I have ridden both and the only good thing I could feel with the R6 is that it's a great handleing bike. The F4i is much more comfortable in a way that you sit better on it with less strain on the wrists. Overall they are both equally the same in the performance ability, only being that the CBR has a little more low-end grunt where it seems the R6 really has to be brought up over 11,000 RPM's, but I guess that goes for just about all 600's. Ergonomics side I love the Honda's. It also has a neat little redlight at redline which is cool as shit. Quality in my opinion comes definately from the honda motor company. All in all they really are equal bikes with just about $300 dollars difference between them, but the Honda is fuel injected and thats probably why.
----------GO WITH THE HONDA----------

"Life is to fast to ride in the slow lane."
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 11:02 AM

I have ridden both bikes as well and agree that they are very simular. The R6 has 120HP vs. that of 97.3HP on the F4i. I own a 02 R6 and must say that you almost sit inside it rather than on it. It's ergonomics and nimble handling coupled w/superior HP make it the perfect choice for this 5'11" 165lb rider.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 10:45 AM

Go for the F4i

The F4i's fuel injection is absolutely great it has lots of power all the way through the curve,
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 11:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to R6steve
I tested Honda, Suzuki & Yamaha (never was much of a Kawasaki fan) before I bought my R6. I ride almost daily & have never felt any discomfort due to the ergonomics until I spent 5+ hours in the saddle on a long trip. I'm 5'8". What sold me was the handling & power & frankly I didn't pay much attention to ergonomics @ the time of purchase.
A better rider than I could probably make up any difference in the power/handling.

R6steve, twisty roads lead to twisted minds.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 01:41 PM

wow

This is wierd... i am also 5'-7", weighing 145. And also trying to decide between the two. I was leening more towards the Yamaha however cause i get them at dang near cost OTD.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 02:25 PM

The 120 horsepower that you say the R6 has is at the crank, not the rear wheel where it counts. The two have nearly identical rear wheel numbers, between 98-100, not 120. That is more of an RC-51 number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode