Sport Bike World Edition 954RR !!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 79
Talking Sport Bike World Edition 954RR !!!

Check this out... took a stock 954RR from This Thread

Here's the before:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr954rr_04.jpg (101.4 KB, 491 views)
In2Deep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 79
Here is the after! Waddya think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sbwcbr954rr copy.jpg (88.8 KB, 485 views)
In2Deep is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 06:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 714
Stunning !

Now that's my sort of colour
Smeghead is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 79
There's an infinite amount of color I can play with here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr954rr_04c.jpg (83.0 KB, 413 views)
In2Deep is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 07:52 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 576
Too bad you can't get Honda to think about these!
jj2f1 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 79
We have 14,000 members on these boards... with enough support and the right people in the Sales/Marketing Dept, anything is possible!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr954rr_04d.jpg (134.4 KB, 419 views)
In2Deep is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 02:58 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
Nice job In2Deep! I like your first edition better though though. Nice and bright. Just out of interest, how the hell did you do that? I presume you used Photoshop? How did you do the colour gradients? I only know how to use 5% of the features in photoshop. It would be nice to be able to use the other 95%. Stuff like this is about the limits of my photoshop know-how:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg title6.jpg (28.4 KB, 365 views)
Blackbird is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 03:30 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 753
the 1st one is badass, you should send it end and see what they say. I was already thinging about switching brands, something like that (extremely different) would just push me over the edge!
shannon is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 79
Photoshop is a [email protected]$$ progam to play with. Like you I really don't know my way around it as much as I'd like to but intend to take a class on it eventually.

To achieve the result I got above, all I had to do was remove the license plate bracket, paint the swing arm, remove the CBR logo, use the eyedropper tool to sample the red. Pick the color range, move the slider all the way over to max it out(this way everything red is selected). Goto filters and pick lighting effects, pick a base color, change lighting intensity and angle and viola you have a different bike all together. The whole process literally takes less than 5 minutes, and as you could see would come in very handy if you were going to paint a car or bike.

There are plenty of books you can pick up to help you with Photoshop... I'll be playing more in the near future and would be happy to share what I've learned if you guys would like...
In2Deep is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 12:33 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 576
Ya, that first orange job is nice.
jj2f1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome