'02 fireblade up 3bhp.......That's it? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Angry '02 fireblade up 3bhp.......That's it?

I can't believe they're only claiming 3! All the rumors hyped it up too much. It sure has the looks though. I love the tail section, slim lights, and the black frame. I think I'm moving up

Just read this at
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/d...cumentID=89806

I'm developing the "work" pill. You simply pop 1 on the way to work and before you know it, you're on your way home from work without missing a beat! It's kinda like pounding brews, but you won't wake up with a fat chick or a fat lip, & you get paid too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 06:02 AM
Gearbox Killer!

And ugly to boot IMHO!

Dave
Bugsplatz!
New web address below :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 10:35 AM

Not that I would trust an article written back in June, but the article you point to lists a 10hp increase.

The R1 is the bike listed on that site as having gained 3hp. But remember you can't gauge a bike performance mearly by the hp number. They are also adding FI (supposedly) for smoother throttle responce and tuned the engine for better mid range torque.

We'll have to wait until Sept 17-19 when most motorcycle manufacturers will be officially releasing the hounds

Divers Go Deeper and Stay Down Longer! :D

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 10:40 AM

I thought I read somewhere that this was the maximum amount of power they could extract from this engine, without going thru a major redesign.

It turned out the kangaroo was right.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Wait a minute! Either you're smoking some good stuff or I gave the wrong address. This article was written the night of Sept. 10th immediately after HONDA released the new blade in Paris. I think you read the old article instead. The new one has a ton of pictures & info on the OFFICIAL '02 blade. Go to that site & look for "First official pics of '02 fireblade" under "Latest on new bikes"!

BTW, it does mention that they can't get any more out of the engine w/o sacrificing reliability. Therefore as soon as I buy one, they'll release a 1000cc beast

I'm developing the "work" pill. You simply pop 1 on the way to work and before you know it, you're on your way home from work without missing a beat! It's kinda like pounding brews, but you won't wake up with a fat chick or a fat lip, & you get paid too!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 04:29 AM
Banned

Apparently, the 929 will undergo a total redesign in 2003. They've pretty much exhausted their current mill, so look for a brand new new motor, chassis, etc.. If you want the "latest and greatest," wait until next year.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 07:51 AM

Man I am really anxiously awaiting an update to the 929. I mean I, for one, am riding mine to its absolute limit. The capabilities of this bike are really holding back my riding. I can't believe Honda even decided to sell a bike that is so easily mastered.

James

If 33 red cows enter a race with a total of 37 cows, should anyone be surprised when a red cow wins?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
Man I am really anxiously awaiting an update to the 929. I mean I, for one, am riding mine to its absolute limit. The capabilities of this bike are really holding back my riding. I can't believe Honda even decided to sell a bike that is so easily mastered.
No kiddin', James, what a turd.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

748, how sure are you about the redesign; did you read it somewhere? Don't you think that they'll wait untill 2004, so that they can get 2 years out of this new model? Was there ever a time when Honda redesigned a bike 2 years in a row? I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I want to know, because I really intend on shopping for one in the spring! Also, I don't plan on going any higher than 900-1000cc's, so I'd like my next ride to be a keeper, if you know what I mean.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 07:01 AM

Peg-grinder, sarcasm aside I think the redesign will happen in 2003 and be released as a 2004 model. I think you and Paul are saying the same thing just in different ways. And then again, maybe Paul will reply and tell me I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...he's good at that.

James

If 33 red cows enter a race with a total of 37 cows, should anyone be surprised when a red cow wins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode