'98 and up Katana owners wanted.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

'98 and up Katana owners wanted....

I've ridden sportbikes off and on for six years or so. I am just coming back off of a long absence and have recently purchased a 2001 GSX600F. I am looking for any input on what anyone has done to their '98 and up Kat...to add to it's much needed horsepower. I have found that this bike looks and rides extremely well but is lacking in the power scheme of things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:24 PM
UFO

Not to cause you to not visit this site, but for all Katana info head over to http://www.katanaplanet.com

Tell 'em UFO sent ya.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 10:21 PM

Thumbs up

Ditto....

katanaplanet.com, and maximum-suzuki.com are Kat' friendly. You'll only get irritated here.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 01:30 AM

Talking

Did someone say Katana? I say sell it and buy a bike that IS what you want instead of wasting your money trying to get a FatKat to act like a Gixxer.

(Now I would'nt really say that cuz its kinda not nice, but that's a sample of what your gonna get roun' here mostly )
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 06:57 AM

Cool

I love Katana's. If I had one, there would be so much I would do with it.

I'd start by putting a GSXR-600 motor in it. Then I'd get the GSXR 600 frame. While I was at it, I'd get the GSXR-600 plastics, tank and seat cowl. Oh yeah, and of course, the GSXR-600 wheels, brakes and everything else. That would be the ultimate Katana!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 07:58 AM
Squidwannabe

Thumbs up

Sorry don't have one. I wish I did though. They do everything !
I'd go with the 600 though, the 750 kinda scares me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Wink You guys are rough!

Boy you guys are rough! That's okay though, it hardens the skin and adds to the drive inside! So far, the advice has been good and welcomed. It would be nice to go out and buy myself a GSXR750 or 1000 but hey, guess what? I can't afford it! What I can afford to do is work with what I have. I think alot of sport riding is not the bike that is being ridden but the way it is ridden. Now if you have a good rider and a good bike, of course there is the exception! Anyhow I have lost some of the weight on my Kat and it is due for the new exhaust in a week or so! Keep the replies coming! Endless waves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode