ducati 750 sport - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb ducati 750 sport

Anyone have any background with that bike or have ridden one. My friend and I were in the Ducati dealership looking at 748's and the guy told me about it and showed me pictures, he didn't haev any in stock.

That bike looks amazing (as all ducati's do) and the non-painted one only costs $7890, that is cheaper than the japanese 600's. Why have I never heard about this bike before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 10:09 AM

Re: ducati 750 sport

Quote:
Originally posted by vector4
Anyone have any background with that bike or have ridden one. My friend and I were in the Ducati dealership looking at 748's and the guy told me about it and showed me pictures, he didn't haev any in stock.

That bike looks amazing (as all ducati's do) and the non-painted one only costs $7890, that is cheaper than the japanese 600's. Why have I never heard about this bike before?
I've got one word for you, "BIG TURD."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 10:22 AM
Squidwannabe

Re: ducati 750 sport

Quote:
OH !! the non painted one !! I thought you meant the matte black one for a second there .....

Ok, here's the deal. The non painted one is probably a crashed Duc 750 with Airtech plastics.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

lol i did mean the matte black one.

big turd as in SV650S kinda big turd?

I love the look of that SV650S but it can't even outrun a 911 turbo in the trap.

That Duc looks gorgeous maybe I could get by since all my buddies ride cruisers, I would still have a rocket in comparison
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 11:58 AM

I think "turd" may be a bit harsh, but I wouldn't recommend it, either. It's priced about $2,000.00 too high IMHO, being essentially a stripped-down 750SS. You can get a low-mile used SS for a much better price and have dual front brakes (most important feature you would miss), adjustable levers, rear cylinder cooling ducts (why did they delete a couple pieces of cheap but functional plastic ?), better quality remote resorvoirs, better quality clip-ons, etc. I purchased my '99 SS new last year
with all these features for $7,200.00.
Even though it's priced close, there's no way you can compare it with the current 600's since it's down 35 to 40 hp. If you want a Ducati that approaches that level of engine performance, you would need a modified 900SS or a 748. A more legitimate (though still not entirely favorable) comparison would be with the SV650 which is...about $2,000.00 less expensive.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:09 PM

FWIW a dealer on cycletrader.com has a closeout for $6495. Of course I would wholeheartedly agree that the commonly seen 1999 750SS for $5500 is a much better deal.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

hmm after listening to what you guys have to say I might see what kind of 750ss's I can find. One for $5500 would not be bad. From my understanding ducati's engines just don't put out the power of the jap bikes. But I mean come on they are works of art. That is the most beautiful machine (that I can afford) ever.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 03:37 PM

Unhappy

Quote:

big turd as in SV650S kinda big turd?

I love the look of that SV650S but it can't even outrun a 911 turbo in the trap.

I don't know of any bike made that will outrun a 911 turbo for under $6800.00.

The SV is a great bike that's much better than the 600 & 750 ss bikes and it's less expensive to boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode