93 Suzuki 250RM - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

93 Suzuki 250RM

Well I found this bike for sale it's a 93 suzuki. The seller is asking $1,500 for it. My family has been out of riding for a long time and we always had older 2 strokes like yamahas 400CC and 465CC from the 70's. Are Suzuki bikes reliable and pretty good performers (particularly in 93)? See below for a pic. How much do you think the bike is worth?

Some details on the bike:
93 Suzuki RM 250 for sale 1500 obo. Current registration for 2006. Has protaper bars, protaper top triple clamp, baja design skid plate, FMF fatty pipe with a couple small dings, pro circuit spark arrester, recent repack one ride ago, complete top end job (wiesco) less than 10 hours ago, new chain and sprockets (primary drive from rockymountain.com bout 5 rides ago), new Kenda tires medium terrain (5 rides ago), complete extra graphic set, stock triple clamp with extra factory effex bar pad to fit fat bars, complete seat with no rips, complete plastics with pro circuit graphics, comes with acerbix hand guards, and an aluminum pipe guard, extra no toil air filter, scerbis frame guards, complete front end job including new oil, oil seals, and dust seals, new tag grips, new IMS foot pegs, also includes stock pegs, and includes 1 loading ramp,1 ride ago carb clean and installed the boyesen superstock reeds.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 AM

Well at first I thought it was way to much for a 93, but if all of that stuff has been done to it, it might be like a new bike. I would go ride it. If it feels good, buy it. It is only 1500, so at least you won't be out an arm and a leg.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by psudy
Well at first I thought it was way to much for a 93, but if all of that stuff has been done to it, it might be like a new bike. I would go ride it. If it feels good, buy it. It is only 1500, so at least you won't be out an arm and a leg.
Thanks for reply. Any negatives about suzuki? I'll go check it out this weekend.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 08:13 AM

I have never riden one. A friend had one, and I sat on it. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I felt cramped sitting down and too tall standing up. Check it out and see.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by psudy
I have never riden one. A friend had one, and I sat on it. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I felt cramped sitting down and too tall standing up. Check it out and see.
Well I checked it out. Could have been this guy's setup but I'm 6-2"tall and it is slightly tall for me standing up. He had the suspension setup for himself and he's 240 where I'm only 200 pounds. Pretty comfortable to sit on.

My dad rode it in the street and said basically that there wasn't enough room for me to ride it but that it was awesome. Power was about equal to his older 400cc 2 stroke but less than his 465cc 2 stroke.

I ended up buying it and took it for a ride next to the bay by my house (hard to find a place to ride because it's miles and miles of city, the closest place is like 1 hr plus away to ride legal). Took a few lapse and the power of these newer bikes is amazing. It had aftermarket exhaust and I'm not sure what else but as it warmed up it just got more and more insane. You have to crouched forward hard and be ready for the power band. I'm happy I picked it up. The guy said he was able to keep up with all his buddies except those that had 2000 and newer bikes; they're able to pull on him. But one of his buddies showed up and his buddy weighed probably 170 pounds so take the weight difference and who knows.

I'm happy with the purchase thanks for your input on the bike.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 02:52 PM

Yahoo! Ride hard, stay safe.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode