Thinking about getteing a suzuki Z400 ATV what do you think about them? How do they c - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Thinking about getteing a suzuki Z400 ATV what do you think about them? How do they c

Hi, i am looking at a 03 Suzuki Z 400 ATV, it is yellow with shock covers nurf bars and full skid plates, bumpers and aftermarket seat. the only thing i don't like is the graphic kit they put on it, I probably will take them off and either get another kit or leaves it all yellow what do you guys think? it is at a dealer, what would you say it is worth?

plus how do you compare them to other quads, the only other quad I rode latley is a 660r raptor and I used to own a old fourtrax. thanks

2002 B&W GSX-R 750,Graves Full Ti System, PC 3 R,TRE "Switchable",CR9EIX Iridium, Galfer SS brake lines,Framesliders, L&P Intergrator kit, L&P front flush mounts,ZG DB smoked screen,86Z28 redone from the ground up and worked, Ready for road racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to TheJeStEr1340
z400's are good quads, they handle good and have good power. It won't have as much power as the raptor, but will handle much better.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 05:13 PM

Hey, good choice on the z, I used to have one. Now I have a 450r, I should say 500R. If the rappy is just piped and jetted, a set of hot cams(intake and exhaust), yank that air box lid, rejet and a pulsecharger exhaust you'll be runnin with the rappys. Don't get me wrong rappys CAN be fast. It's like anything else, it's not what you buy, it's what you build.......Good luck

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 05:15 AM

I have a honda 400ex and it is similar to the z 400 in some aspects. Just not fuel injected. I have it piped and jetted so they are pretty equal in speed. The z 400 is a lot better now though because they have res front shocks. I like the fuel injection also. I wanted one but didnt have the money. Now I want a 450. My buddy has a yfz450 and it rips. I rode a raptor before. They are fast just handled like crap. The new ones are wider though. I know the earlier z 400 had a problem with broken swingarms and cracking frames. But they gusseted the frames on the newer ones. I would look into it if I were you. Even if you bought it already.

"And thats the second time I had crabs!"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
z400

we flat tracked against some 400's and 450's also a raptor or two. the 450's were definately the quicker of the 3. of course we are old school with a 1987lt500r that flat out gets it and is very hard to beat.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yzfinwyo View Post
we flat tracked against some 400's and 450's also a raptor or two. the 450's were definately the quicker of the 3. of course we are old school with a 1987lt500r that flat out gets it and is very hard to beat.
Right on! The old "Quadzilla." Even with all the new high-tech 4-stroke technology that dominates the market now, it's still hard to beat a big 500cc two-stroke in the dirt. Long live old school!

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode