Suggestions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Suggestions

Please feel free to speak up about any additions or changes you think would help you guys and gals find this forum of more use to your particular activities. And no, firing the moderator is not an option. I will make sure that any reasonable suggestions are heard by the powers that be. Please keep in mind that the site is still under heavy construction so before passing along your input, wait and see what Robert has in store for us. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:14 AM

First off let me say that this new site is awesome!! Being that I'm getting back into dirt and leaving the street scene for a year or two it saddened me to have to leave behind sportbikeworld. Now I don't have to!! It's like you guys read my mind or something. LoL. I really like the idea of opening up to ALL of the motorcycling community. Anyway, suggestions for the dirtbike forum, how about a riding techniques forum, what bike do I get forum, technical questions forum, then maybe have two separate forums for people with thumpers and those with two strokes, just some ideas. You might even have a couple forums for woods riders and motocrossers to keep em separated.

"When in doubt..gas it."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Thanks Doogie and WELCOME. For now, all suggestions will be noted, but we're going to wait and see what Robert has in store for us. He's working his ass off to get things finished. When the project is fully launched then we'll see what we're still in need of. Stay tuned... we're on the edge of something pretty damn amazing.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:56 AM
Founder

The other forums will be created soon. I just wanted to start with a few for each of the type of bikes that are new to our community to see what the traffic levels will look like first.

P.S. Thanks for the suggestions!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:37 AM

Ahhhhh now I see, lol, I didn't realize you guys were still working on this forum. Keep up the good work though I'm loving what this site is becoming. It's like a giant one stop resource for just about all your motorcycling inquiries.

"When in doubt..gas it."
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:05 PM

Pittsburgh Area

Hey Doogie,

I noticed it said you were around the Pittsburgh area. I have recently acquired an old Maico. I've been riding street bikes for a long time, but never did any dirt riding. Do you know of any places in a reasonable distance that you can ride?

Also any tips that anyone would have for a new dirt rider would be appreciated.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 05:17 PM

This is so cool! I just bought a 2002 DRZ400S to satisfy my dirt cravings. Now I can relate to other dirt junkies on the same site I visit for asphalt info. Awesome job on the site Robert. It looks great! Oh, I see this thread was for suggestions. Um, none I can think of right now other than mabey for me to read first, reply second.

Last edited by BanditBoy; 12-03-2002 at 05:20 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 07:48 AM

Wow!! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Anyway, check out this link for tracks in Ohio, http://www.pitracer.com/Tracks/tracks.asp
I'm not sure about the Pa tracks though. Hopefully there's at leat one REALLY close to Pittsburgh so I can bring my back up there to practice during the week. I'll more than likely be racing at the Malvern Motocross track a good bit, maybe Broken Spokes too, I know alot of people that go there. But.........I still need to sell my god$#@^ R6 before I can even start riding. I've been riding a friends YZ250F around for the past couple weeks and hoping and praying I sell my bike soon, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Anytime you want to ride once it warms up a little bit feel free to get ahold of me.

"When in doubt..gas it."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Please save this thread for suggestions only. Riding plans should be discussed in general discussions, for now. Thanks.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 12:52 PM

ATV / Dirtbike suggestions

Here is a quick layout I generated presented in a tree strucure.
Any questions please ask.
-----------------------------------------

Due to the limitations of HTML my 'tabs' are ignored and the structure of my 'tree' was not kept. I will insert a jpg of the tree in a post below

Jacob Maguire

Last edited by jacobmaguire; 02-09-2003 at 12:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode