Big Dog bikes - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:02 PM

Dan's comments seem in very poor taste. I guess that reflects his taste in bikes? Certainly says he lacks the character to tolerate other tastes in motorcycles.

Anyway, the Big Dog is a spendy toy that rides hard as a rock. If you don't care about how it rides and can tolerate riding something akin to Fred Flinstone's car, go buy one. But for a lot less you can buy a Harley Softtail Deuce, which is a factory custom that rides decent and you can actually get parts and service with a smile. And it is a beautiful bike. No, it does not have the horsepower of a Big Dog, but honestly, if horsepower is what you want then why not buy something with a proprietary engine that has power: Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. No S&S motor can compete with it. Or get the Screaming Eagle motor kit for the Deuce for about three grand.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bluckey
Big Dog Bikes

I happen to own a 2004 Big Dog Boxer myself and I think that they kick a$$!!! I also ride a 2004 harley heritage softail and am currently building an '05 Eddie Trotta Thunder Bike (Drop dead); or shall I say having one built for me. But to answer your question: I love big dogs and would not take any other cruiser over them but as someone previously mentioned " its all about having fun on 2 wheels." To me there is just no other cruiser (Honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, and etc...) that can touch a Big Dog when it comes to looks, and power!!!! That Definately includes Harley Davidsons! Like I said I ride both and my Heritage feels like a tricycle compared to the Big Dog (although most bikes will be more comfortable and handle better than a Big Dog). I do suggest getting the 107 ci S&S over the 107 ci TP for long term durability purposes. I hope to have all my bike pics. posted before long. Later!!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 06:27 AM

We have worked on a number of Big Dogs at my shop and they're as good as any and better than most of the Harley / Chopper stuff. If you want to ride a motorcycle, actually ride somewhere, enjoy the mountain roads, or simply enjoy years of trouble-free riding you've selected the wrong machine. These are maintenance monsters and money magnets. Very few owners even bother attempting to convert their bike into a real motorcycle, so they just keep on adding even more non-functional goodies like a wider rear wheel, or anything that promises to get more attention from the non-motorcycling crowd. If you want to ride in a parade, you can't find a better machine.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveL
If you want to ride in a parade, you can't find a better machine.
Funny!

Redline Superbike Member

Faye
CSBR / Fasttrax #121
CMA
CSBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode