View Poll Results: What bike?
Yamaha Warrior 19 63.33%
Kawasaki Mean Streak 6 20.00%
Other (please describe) 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 08:23 AM

Thumbs up Cruisers

Have you seen the New Honda Valkyrie Rune.....
That is one BADASS Looking Bike!!
Quote:
Mean People SUCK

I believe you could get your ass kicked saying something like that.....

Mean people SUCK!

ooooh, that's gonna leave a mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 08:25 AM

i do not know why you kinda limited yourself to those two bikes but here's my input.

i have been shopping for a while for a new bike and i sat on the warrior in the showroom and i did not find it comfortable at all. with the long wheel base, they didn't compensate for those of us with shorter arms and legs. it was far from comfortable and after sittling for just 5 minutes, my back began to hurt from stretching.

i have sat on a few bikes and rode a few bikes. I do like the comfortablity of some curisers and for each bike, there are different seats you can get to adjust the butt comfort too. Some Harley seats can make you feel like your in a Lazy boy recliner while others can make your ass hurt after 20 minutes, like what DaveL said.

want my ? check out the new suzuki intruders 1400 and 1500. they have comfort, styling, and can be customized pretty good.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 07:17 PM

MEAN STREAK all the way!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meanstreak1.jpg (80.6 KB, 73 views)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 05:54 AM

i have ridden my father v-star 1100 and i feel that it isnt as safe as my cbr and is more uncomfortable....thats because i have disc problems in my back and with the sportbike there isnt the pressure put directly on my spine like the upright position of the cruiser would...my 2 cents
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 06:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja250F18
Re: Cruisers

Quote:
Originally posted by bkjl92

Have you seen the New Honda Valkyrie Rune.....
That is one BADASS Looking Bike!!
I got to take one for a test ride and I thought that that bike is pretty bad azz. It is also pretty comfortable but very heavy. I like all the chrome

Burn rubber not your soul, Ruff Riders for life.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 09:05 PM

Thumbs up I like cruisers

I like cruisers. I had a full dress tourer and loved it. I have friends who ride Harleys. Most ride for riding, not for "stopping". I agree that the perception of cruiser riders can be mistaken by observing some who seem to "stop more than they ride", but most of the friends of mine who have Harleys or other cruisers do like to ride with friends and will use any excuse to use their bike. I see them riding in weather that sport bike riders generally avoid, so although one of the writers here seems to dislike cruisers for personal reasons, I disagree with his perceptions about cruiser riders in general, as my experience is completely opposite to his.

In any event, it seems to me that such negative commentary on cruisers is irrelevant to the question of this thread and does not assist this person in resolving their dilemma.

My choice would be the Mean Streak. Rider Magazine tested that bike last year and they loved it. As I recall they compared it to the Warrior and even the Harley whatchamacallitV1000POS and they picked the Mean Streak over all the other competitors. One reason was the suspension. Another was the brakes. Another was the motor. Although the motor is not as "powerful" as the VRodPOS or the Warrior, it has a flat powerband that is useable over a good rpm range, and the shaft drive means no drive line maintenance. This year they made the motor bigger and changed the cam and intake for even more power. The brakes are sportbike brakes and the fork tubes are what you see on sportbikes, not cruisers. You can lean it over farther than any other cruiser before the fireworks start.

I like the Vulcan 2000. I want one but I would like to have a cross country tourer like my old Venture Royale, and I am expecting Kawasaki to turn out one with the Vulcan 2000 mill since they got rid of the Voyager the same year they introduced the Vulcan 2000. And right now I have only one arm due to major surgery on the other one so I can't ride until next year sometime anyway.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling

Last edited by fuster; 07-11-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode