Supersport Championship For Nils - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Supersport Championship For Nils

In my new capacity as SBR roving reporter I was attending the final round of the MSS with a media pass as opposed to a competitors pass.

Nils rode a blinding weekend and came away with the championship by a single point. He took Pole position, and can't say too much about the first race as I missed it, but race 2 was a corker.

Nils fought from second to take the lead, then had a moment in turn one and dropped back to then have to stalk the leader and finally overhaul him on the last but one corner ....

Very exciting stuff and congratulations Nils. You see, buying Boycie's old R6 was a great investment that has given you a great return !!!

Blue Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 AM

Ah Gareth the "ill see you at Speang Moto GP" BC !!!

Good one Nils

Gimme a call BC ...need to know where that flying field is. I've got a grands worth of flying machine that needs piling into the ground

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 PM

Congrats on the win Nils, sounds oh so Nicky in 2006 like.... AND I know you're not too modest to post us a full report of the weekends action!! (with pics??)

What's the name of this big boys toy of yours BP, so I can see what the hell you're talking about???

Has been a bit quiet in here lately

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 02:37 PM

Heh GD ...yep been very quiet lately.

Anyways..... still messin around with RC helicopters ..i mean gotta do somethin in the evenings otherwise i'd have to sit down with the Mrs and TALK

Built a scale 500 E hughes

Trying to get BC to let me know where he flies ( flew)

The last plane he did was a scale STeve Fosset. Dont think it made it to Arizona but it did disappear

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 03:14 PM

You are so the romantic BP.... that's why I have a bike in the garage alongside a beer fridge Next is a plasma

I'd be very worried about my fingers with one of those

Fosset replica hahaha

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 05:14 AM

Great Weekend for sure!

I am still recounting the last weekend in my head every spare moment I have. It was an absolute blast for sure!!

The "unfair passes" of the MotoGP weekend had left me 13points behind then championship leader Moses. I needed to win both races of the last round, and he could not get better then a 2nd and a 3rd in the two races in order for me to have any chance to take the championship away from him.

The first race start was good, but I braked a bit early going into turn 1 and Moses + another guy got me on the inside. Then I lost another position as I was taking a wide entry into turn 2. However, by lap 2 I was in 3rd, and we were 3 guys (Moses, Massimo "Max" and myself) getting away from the rest. Moses was in front with about a 1second lead. Max and I were dicing for 2nd, and I finally got a bit away from him in the last part of the race. I chased after Moses and got him into turn 1 on the penultimate lap. I took the flag by only 0.2sec and Max was only 0.5sec further behind Moses.

The second race got away with a slightly better start then the first, but Moses got me into turn 1 again. He lead for the first 3rd of the race when I got him on the brakes from a mile behind into turn 1. However, two thirds through the race I got 1st instead 2nd gear entering turn 1, and I was backing the bike into the turn like a cross bike. Max who had passed Moses got in front of me, and I ended up using the rest of the race chasing him. However, we were getting away from the others.

On the last lap I made a massive effort to get on his tail into the last section (very fast long sweepers going into a tight narrow right hander onto the straight). He drifted a bit wide entering the last turn and I slipped underneath him to take the win (below pic):

I did the best lap of the whole weekend on that last lap. Moses was a bit further behind in 3rd, so that meant I had managed to gain exactly the 14 points I needed for the round and took the Championship by a single point!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg turn 2 during practice.jpg (103.2 KB, 84 views)

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

Last edited by Silva Bullet; 03-26-2008 at 07:32 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Did you and Max get a group deal on leathers there Silva??? I know, I know I prob. shouldn't be making leather jokes BUT

Great write up and again congrats on the 1pt win

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 AM

Wink Eh, I bought mine first?! :P

You should only know how many Spidi R2 Kangaroo's there are in the paddock. Very nice leathers though. Light and supple.

A beauty of a pic of entry into the long sweeping turn 5:

Bullet

Last edited by Silva Bullet; 03-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 04:42 PM

The only thing I know about Kangaroo's is you don't want to hit one on a bike!!!

Love the heat haze out of the pipe in that snap, bit like this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dn pi.jpg (57.6 KB, 58 views)

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 04:34 AM

Very very nice!

Unbelievably sharp even in the downsized pic.
Just one question, are you still trail braking there??

Bullet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode