What a finish.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

What a finish....

Not a bad race that, BUT what about Rossi coming in due to his cold front??? Biggest mistake he's ever made in my opinion

Just handed the title to the boy Is an amazing story, good on him and bring on Phillip Island now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stoner.jpg (364.5 KB, 78 views)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Last edited by Gixxer_Dave; 09-25-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Congrats to the Aussies

Well done by Stoner and the team.

However, personally would have liked the championship to be a bit closer fought. So for the championship it was good to have a new champ rider and bike, but for pure spectator interest it was a let down in my opinion. And the series is not even over yet....

So come on 2009! Enjoy it while you can GD!

ok, BP. Just for you I'll might have a peak at 2008 also

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

Last edited by Silva Bullet; 09-25-2007 at 02:06 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 12:41 AM

yes despite saliva pullit suggesting we skip a year, pretty good championship this year!

Top last race too. Top marks to Capriossi for the win ...finally showed he could still ride. Ducati look a bit silly now!

Showed that when it comes down to riding skills Stoner isn't the man but top marks to him too for riding the championship to the best of his ability and being consistent, with everybody spnappin at his heels. Takes a special quality to do that too.
Felt a bit sorry for him he wasn't on the podium at his world victory race but he did ride a tad like a plonka.
I'm sure the PI crowd will compensate for that ( podium not the plonka bit) Pi will be full of plonka's ! You there GD

One big downer is " Havin yer farkin mrs as yer brolly babe" what a knob!!!!!!!!!!!

So Rossi hasn;t been champ for 2 years now. Is he past it

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Yeah what about 2008 first Silva

Casey's still on his honeymoon, hoping the wife stays at home with the kids in a year or so

You just can't bag the kid or his riding, he has been sooo good all year. Consistently winning, no more crashing and smart on the track... Hate to point out the obvious, but he could win a few over the next 5 years and they could all be a bit boring, but I'll still watch

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 PM

Re: What a finish....

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
...what about Rossi coming in due to his cold front??? Biggest mistake he's ever made in my opinion...
Is that what he was carrying on about? I saw him pointing at the front end, but didn't know what his problem was.

I'm with you. He should've stayed out there and done what he could.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 PM

Yeah it's a tough call. You wanna admire the champion for smart riding all season and yet want him to fight to the finish. You just want a foursome of Rossi, Elias, Stoner and Guillotine fighting for the championship on the last lap of the last round don't ya.
Bit like the 250 race last weekend. First time i've watched 250's in a while but what a race that was ...right to the end. and best of all the lolly suckin twat jorge can't ride in the wet so was nowhere

GD do us all a favour at PI and find that Braks commentator guy and slap him really hard with somethin really heavy

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

I honestly have no idea what that dick wod even looks like!!!!

But if I hear anyone saying 'Rossi's on hard front and a medium rear' in that pain in the arse voice of his, I'll happily start throwing punches

Really looking forward to the ride down and back (is 1.5hrs or so for me door to track) and usually there are bikes and people waving everywhere, sounds like all the record crowd numbers could be broken this year though

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Mono's

Will you manage some wheelie work there and back perchance GD?

Blue Cat
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
I honestly have no idea what that dick wod even looks like!!!!

But if I hear anyone saying 'Rossi's on hard front and a medium rear' in that pain in the arse voice of his, I'll happily start throwing punches

Really looking forward to the ride down and back (is 1.5hrs or so for me door to track) and usually there are bikes and people waving everywhere, sounds like all the record crowd numbers could be broken this year though
Just go round and club everybody carrying a microphopne. The chances of you clubbing a good un are zero

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Re: Mono's

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Catt Will you manage some wheelie work there and back perchance GD?
What else is there if your not on the track BC

Funny story, the last track day I did at P.I I figured it was only right to wheelie down the road leaving the circuit (bit of a custom down there)happened to be a nasty cross wind that day and on touch down the old girl almost shook me off - had to use the extra washing machine cycle that night

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode