Things that make you a man - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Things that make you a man

OPENING JARS - nnng, she's struggling. You take it from her hands, open it effortlessly and pretend she loosened it for you. She didn't. Jars are men's work.

CALLING SOMEONE 'SON' - Especially policeman but even saying it to kids makes you the man.

DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE - Beckham free kicks? Gay. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and crippling the man. Magic.

SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE - Blunt, is it? Hand it here love.
No, I don't need a sharpener, you think I can't whittle.

GOING TO THE TIP - A manly act which combines driving, lifting and - as you thrillingly drop your rubbish into another huge pile of other rubbish - noisy destruction.

DRINKING UP - Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then nodding towards the door, saying, "Let's go" and striding out while everyone else struggles to catch up with you. God, you're hard.

HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE - When birds have been partying they just whinge. You, on the other hand have physical evidence of your hardness, sprouting from your face. "Big night?" Grr, what does it look like.

USING POWER TOOLS - slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. One Handed with a pencil on the ear? Superb.

KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR - Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! Beckham.......I've shit him, I kick it so hard I set off car alarms.

ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE... and everyone cheers you. It doesn't mean you're popular, it just means your mates are pissed. However, the rest of the pub doesn't know that.

CARVING THE ROAST - and saying "are you a leg or breast man" to the blokes and "do you want stuffing" to the women. Congratulations, you are now your dad.

WINKING - turns women to putty. Doesn't it?

TEST SWINGING HAMMERS - ideally, B&Q would have little changing rooms with mirrors so you could see how rugged you look with any DIY item. Until then, we'll make do with the aisles.

TAKING OUT 500 FROM A CASHPOINT - okay, so its for paying the plumber (or a 'quiet one with John Sams)but with that much cash you feel like a mafia don.
The only thing better is peeling notes off the roll later.

PHONE CALLS THAT LAST LESS THAN A MINUTE - unlike birds, we get straight to the point. "alright? Yep. Drink? Red lion? George, it is then. Seven. See ya."

PARALLEL PARKING - bosh, straight in. first time.

HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU - especially if you didn't make a fuss. "Why was I off, nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage".

KNOWING WHICH SCREWDRIVER IS WHICH - "a Phillips? For that? Are you mad woman ?"

Chumley

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"

"Flying is easy... You just have to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 03:22 PM

"...Test swing hammers..."

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 01:23 AM

Phone calls ...gets my vote

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:43 AM

I love speed parallel parking, freak out the misses, but the kids love it

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Doing a proper sliding tackle and calling Beckham's gay cracks me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode