UK GP, post race armchair general 'discussion' - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

UK GP, post race armchair general 'discussion'

Ferk ... Frak ... Fook .....

Boring race right?

Still .... there were a few highlights ....

how about West at the beginning of the race overtaking Rossi (rated as one of best riders ever), and following the championship leader ... and how about that dirt track skill keeping it of the fence !!!

how about Rossi running it wide, and still leaning over on the white shite in the wet ?

how about Edwards .. STILL not winning his first race yet... and the rumour (fact?) Yamaha has signed Lorenzo for 2008 ..?

and you know what ... after all the joy and pleasure I have had at givin poor old BP a hard time about Haybale ... I felt ferkin sorry for the lad when he went down as he was giving it a good go in the wet

Also... what has happened to the heir apparent Pedrosa, or how poorly the old lads are doing this season. You have to take your hats of the West, but he's is on the smallest budget factory bike, which he has more or less never ridden, falls off ... and yet still gets within spitting distance of the likes of Barros, Carlos, Capparossi etc etc ..... time for a real shake up with the riders?

It is looking very ferkin likely that we are about to have an Aussie world champ again. Wow! No one saw the american last year (except longshot odds genius BP), and no one picked the aussie for this year ...

And lastly ... is the really the top feild in motorbike racing, really?

Stoner is a talent to be sure, as is Ant West and Vermulan ... and yes the tyre rule sucks and yes the rain makes life tricky bla bla ..... but fer ferks sake ... we see Pedrosa going backwards because he 'doesn't like the rain', all barros seems to have learnt in 256 GP's is how to brake late, even Edwards (a personal favorite of mine) seemed to settle for 2nd when his French tyres turned to chewing gum ....

Edwards is likely to be out next year (remember, this guy is one of my personal favourites), he had what must be his best chance to win his first and possibly only race in GP's. A huge ask to be sure ... but did you see him try to block Stoner, dive under him on the brakes and maybe loose the front .. or did you see him circle nice and politely and wave to the crowd as he pockets another million before he is out ??

Compare all this to when he was in WSB, or currently in the blue collar series such as BSB, WSB .. shite, even the 250's and 125's. We see guys still prepared to giving it all to win ....

And lastly .. I was kind of hoping over the last 4 laps for stoner to loose the front (sorry, not nice, I'm a caant), but it would have still made the championship a two horse race .. but you know what ... he didn't put a wheel wrong, didn't have any moments or slides ... the guy is riding like he has been on this bike for years .. I dear say ... we just might have another Doohan era on our hands, especially when Rossi joins WSB ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Re: UK GP, post race armchair general 'discussion'

There wasn't any shoulder to shoulder stuff, but I wouldn't say it was boring. Just watching those guys stay upright in those conditions is excitement enough.

Off-track excursion aside, West had a blinder! If he can match his dry weather riding to his wet, he looks set to pick-up a win (or, day I say it, a crown) before long.

Can you believe Rossi pulled that thing back onto the track?! Lesser riders would've turned turkey for sure. Shame his tyre choice was less than ideal. Did you see the under-tail cam shot, showing how torn up that rear was?

Hayden finally got some pace, had a chance to play with this season's front-runners and got toasted. "Be sure to leave the trophy on the table on your way out the door, mate!"

Enjoyable race all 'round, I thought. Worth losing sleep over.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Yeah mate .... Rossi tyre was shot for sure. I remember the camera shot you mention, what a great bit of camera work that was.

Dare I say if most if us saw a bike in the pits with a tyre like that, we wouldn't be caught dead doin laps, never mind on a 200+ hp machine .... and never mind in the ferkin wet.

Rossi must have been sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop ....

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Stoner is a freak, he has everyone covered even in the wet, including Westy without the fall....

So impressive on the Bridgestones, made Rossi and Edwards look like amateurs Rossi was lucky not to fall, cuts kept him up.

I now can't see anyone taking the title from the young fella, the confidence from the past few races will be enough to get him over the line. The bike won him the first couple, the rest have been pure talent. Just wish I'd done a BP and tipped him for the championship back in Jan!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nakedrc.jpg (211.3 KB, 56 views)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
...Rossi must have been sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop ....

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 02:26 AM

You guys pretty much covered it all

Fookin hell i was crapin it when westy passed rossi to join stoner n vermeulen. thought id have to get me best humble pie eatin shirt on fer cooka tree.

not a bad race all in all. cant expect much in that shite weather. Westy's got the balls alright.

The roberts boy was doin OK

Podium predictions for Assen.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 03:29 AM

I hate to say it, BUT unless it rains in Assen Westy won't do better than 15th.... just have a look at his Saturday dry times, a couple of secs in motogp is a lifetime. I'd say his best bet is finish every race between now and xmas and hope to get on a decent bike for 2008

I'm surprised you even have a humble pie eating t-shirt BP hahaha.... def. would look like new compared to your bitter and twisted one

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Maiden vicotry for the poofter Edwards?

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Podium predictions for Assen.
Anyone wanna bet against Edwards there? He certainly threw it away last year. If he can get his tire choice right, he should have a bit more going for him this year.

Rossi should also be strong at a track like Assen, so I would even bet on a Yamaha double.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:51 PM

dont forget

remember they've changed the track since last year so "experience" is relative this year.
No more long straight with nasty kink in it.

Still would like to see potato head ( king edwards) up there!!

Top Ten for westy !!!!

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
....I'm surprised you even have a humble pie eating t-shirt BP hahaha.... def. would look like new compared to your bitter and twisted one
He does in deed GD, I can vouch for it, I have seen it.

Good luck to him being able to fit in it though as last time he wore it, he was a pimply faced 15 yo and a size small
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode