Spanish GP .... WOW ... spoiler !! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Spanish GP .... WOW ... spoiler !!

Oh my !!!

If you have not seen it, stop reading, go see it ...

If you did see it, were you the edge of your seat as well?

What a ferkin awesome race. For all that is said about Rossi, most of it true (yeah, there ya go BP), he is a champ that seems to enjoy racing as much as he does winning ..... and possibly more.

It would also seem the doubters over Stoner may have been silenced for a while. The kid rode out of his skin, and given he was riding against arguably the greatest rider ever .... made very very few mistakes. Talk about remaining calm and giving as much as you get.

I guess to get where he is, on the verge of becoming the 2008 GP Champ, in only his second year and while doing so against a great field, you have to be something special ... in riding talent for sure, but also in mental tenacity...

Does this explain why he is such a completely boring cardboard cut out? ... and lets not forget, this guy is an Aussie for ferks sake !!

Where is the passion, or is there no place for that in MotoGP anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 PM

Not sure on the Spanish

I thought it was a little dull.....

But Stoner is a star without a doubt (admittedly without too much personality, but he is only 21). I agree, motogp has out grown the lovable larikin, it's now all too much about the business.

The thing I was surprised at was how similar the top speeds were, have to think that Mr Yamaha and Honda have been working hard to get up with the Duke.....

Rossi will still take the title before bowing out on a high

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 03:09 AM

Cant argue with that! ( as much as i'd like to of course )

I was well impressed with Stoners fighting spirit. Not many can give as good as they get when Rossi is on their case.

I thought Pedro might have a go at one stage but he settled for the podium as apposed to the gravel trap.
What the hell has happened to Edwards n Haybail

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

We are in for an awesome season.

I watches the F1 that was on the same day ... and fail to see how this can be a higher interest sport than motorbike racing.

It is hard to believe Stoner is so young. The 'kid' has such a level head, and to think he could still be competing in another 10 years !!

It seems that the 250GP riders have a huge advantage at the moment, and the guys that did well on the bigger 990's, and superbikes, are struggling.

Surely, it must be time for the long knives to come out now. In what should be the most competitive feild, we have a huge difference in performance in the field.

The problem when you have a sport like GP's now, is there is so much money involved. This is not about 'passion', it's about ... money.

You think Schwantz would have missed that plane so many years ago if there was so much money involved?

So maybe we finally have a clear distinction between GP and WSB. GP's is the top, has the money and the glamour, and attracts the fast and young .... where WSB gets the old battle scared has beens ... And we all win ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode