800s suck - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

800s suck

Shanghai boring
Thats what 800s have done. the minor power differences are highlighted in a smaller bike.

I want 500 smokers back

Good luck to roo boy, dont get me wrong, but this is turning into the gravey train that F1 is.
Aside from pizza boy getting it wrong in desperation a couple of times nothin going on.
The kwak did well.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Tug

A bit harsh BP

OK wasnt the most exiting race ever but the top three were close and two laps from the end it could have been any one of the three winning. I was track side between turn one and two with a great view. Nice to see Hopper getting on the podium finally. Worst thing about Shanghai? No Burger van

Last edited by Tug; 05-06-2007 at 06:13 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 05:41 PM

I say go the 800's!!!!! Ok, I did have a few clams on Stoner at $3.50 for the win

Turned out just as expected really, that thing could have won with you on it BP, what a rocketship

The racing is way better than watching Rossi win every race Good to see Suzuki and the Kwacka getting amongst it too...

Can't see the same thing for the French GP though.

What the fark is a bruger??

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Re: A bit harsh BP

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
OK wasnt the most exiting race ever but the top three were close and two laps from the end it could have been any one of the three winning. I was track side between turn one and two with a great view. Nice to see Hopper getting on the podium finally. Worst thing about Shanghai? No Burger van
I think you got a tainted view from track side. Aside from a few desperate attempts by Rossi nobody was near taking the lead all race. Trailer trash managed to stay in touch but was on the limit a few times. You should watch it on the telly again mate.

KFC is fucked ...new frame ...new engine ...last years forks and still nowhere. He did well to stay on after elias parked in his bike but should have got back in the top ten easy after that.

Conclusion. Shanhai is a shite track for bikes and Stoner is well in for the championship.

Although i hate that twat Nick Harris i have to agree "never say never" where Rossi is concerned. But damn is that duke fast.

They obviously had the right set up for top speed on the straight and managebale in the turns. Did you watch hopper do the right to left flip after turn 1. Looked like he was wrestling a bull.

Really looking forward to the chicane at Le mans. Should be a right shit fight lap 1.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Tug

Re: Re: A bit harsh BP

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
You should watch it on the telly again mate.

Id love to, is the disk in the post
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 PM

Could have been worse

Stoner, who leads the world MotoGP championship, revealed he had power in reserve as he waited for second-place Italian superstar Valentino Rossi to mount a late challenge in Shanghai.

"Yes, I had something in reserve, especially the last six laps," Stoner said.

"I had quite a bit left, the tyres started to grip better with less fuel on board and I think I had some more pace if I needed it against Valentino," he said.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: A bit harsh BP

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
Id love to, is the disk in the post
Not a problem! Along with the complete second series of Life on Mars....... You need to email me your preffered address!!!

Of course you could download it from torrentspy.com where i've posted it ...search for Moto GP 07 ( include the spaces) and you'll find all races this season i've posted.

Last edited by bigphil; 05-07-2007 at 09:37 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Could have been worse

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
Stoner, who leads the world MotoGP championship, revealed he had power in reserve as he waited for second-place Italian superstar Valentino Rossi to mount a late challenge in Shanghai.

"Yes, I had something in reserve, especially the last six laps," Stoner said.

"I had quite a bit left, the tyres started to grip better with less fuel on board and I think I had some more pace if I needed it against Valentino," he said.
"Yes, I had something in reserve, especially the last six laps," Stoner said. >>>>Bollocks
So you've got a 5 times world champ behind you. He's had a couple of nibbles and you dont try to fuck off into the distance.
Gimme a break will ya.
Thats it .......No World Championship for you my son!!! Money anybody

"I had quite a bit left, the tyres started to grip better with less fuel on board" Physically impossible ! The bike may handle better with reduced fuel load ...fair enough
As we all know grip is down to pressure on a contact patch! Less weight = less pressure. Unless stoner has changed a few fundamental laws of physics. He should leave talkin shite to that Oz commentator git who thinks the only people on the grid that speak english are Ozzies.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 PM

Fair enough BP BUT....

Like I said before, Stoner talked up his chances on the Friday, knowing the Duke would be hard to beat around there... the fact that he could gap Rossi twice a lap and not get away tells me he had more. Why push it if you know you can stay close and blast past on the way to the line?? Reduces the risk of a fall, which would still be on his mind after last season.

I think he has proven his race craft over the past few years, esp for a 21 year old, I mean I could barely be bothered to get out of bed at that age!!!

No fair comparing anyone to that twat Mark Bracks, how can he still have a job???? What a fair dinkum tosser....

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Tug

Somthing left?

Im in the if you could why didnt you camp
The Duc was clearly faster down the long straights but Rossi was closing the gap on the brakes and by half way through turn one he was right up his arse. By turn 5 Rossi was close enough to try a pass on more than one occasion. It looked like Rossi was having to work very hard to keep up but only because he was chasing the worlds fastest pizza delivery bike. Lets see what happens on a normal circuit where the straights are shorter than your average space shuttle landing strip.

Rossi did say that Stoner was so quick he may need a gun to stop him. In Italy that might be considered an open contract and you may well find some nutter who is willing to actually do it over there Riding the pizza bike might be the only thing keeping him from sleeping with the fishes

Last edited by Tug; 05-07-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode