Donington SBK Crashfest - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Donington SBK Crashfest

Just in case someone out there is interested......

Toseland has a 5 pt lead over Max in the Superbike championship after Bayliss high sided out while leading R1 at Donington yesterday. Was a nasty crash and it sounds like he lost most of a pinky finger and may be out for a few weeks.

Similar story with the cold weather catching out a bunch of the top supersport contenders. Curtin, Parkes and Charpentier all missed the race due to injuries on Friday. Sofuoglu leads by 27pts....

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm paying attention

GD,

Bad news for Bayliss, and he crashed out whilst leading as well. I really wish we had WBSK coverage as this is gonna be another great season.

Was never a particular Toseland fan and felt his championship came too easily, but he has really impressed during the course of the last 2 years. He also had bad luck with a technical problem in race 2.

Still a long way to go, but Bayliss needs to start to get the points racking up if he's going to stand any chance of retaining the crown for this year ...

Rider standings:
1. Toseland 115pts
2. Biaggi 110
3. Haga 88
4. Corser 81
5. Lanzi 66

Nice to see that Nitrous Nori snuck under Biaggi on the last corner to swipe the victory in race 2.

Blue Cat
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Yeah spot on there BC, as I've said before, I'm a big fan of the Supers and with two races (in case one's a runaway) and the supersport race, it's always an entertaining night in front of the telly

I can't see how Troy can come back from that far back, esp. if he misses the next round with the hand injury..... either way there's still 4 solid guys who should fight it out

Get onto BP for the videos, he should be able to grab the torrents and share the love

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 PM

I digress for a moment

By the way, I see that the Irish Road Race season has now kicked off. Cameron accumulated 4 podiums (i think) from 5 races in the opening weekend campaign.

It seems that he's being fairly widely tipped as the hot favourite for this season and the fast man of the roads .... there's a big dose of reality that needs to borne in mind with carrying that kind of a mantle. I know Cameron is aware of the perils of road racing and we all wish him every success for the season and to come home safely when its done.

Wish I could get to the TT as I shall be just a stone's throw away in Norway that weekend.

Blue Cat
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
Get onto BP for the videos, he should be able to grab the torrents and share the love
I've made some searches on the torrent sites. However, don't seem to be any recordings of the WSB races available. Sadly seems the SBK fans are not as many or as active as the MotoGP bunch on the net. As you understand MotoGP races are readily available. Wider coverage and all it's understandable.

Since BP is in Singapore, I don't think he is in much of a position to change this. I see his posting of the 2005 Quatar race or something is still being posted on the different forums. However, that is about the only one...

Good to hear CD is doing well. Wish him luck and wish I could be at the TT to watch!!

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

If your really keen, the SBK videos are available for a couple of bucks from here - World SBK

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 05:28 AM

common aussie (GD), get your broadband working overtime and torrent up a few races for us hint hint
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Silva Bullet
Since BP is in Singapore, I don't think he is in much of a position to change this. I see his posting of the 2005 Quatar race or something is still being posted on the different forums. However, that is about the only one...

Yes of course Saliva.
The fact that the whole of 06 season is hosted by me and the 05 year round up.

Oh and both races this season were up and shared by over 2000 people within 2 hours of race finish.

Some people need to
A/ Rethink their own ability with a search engine.
B/ If it says "childsplay" it doesn't neccesarily mean you too
C/ quit bitchin and help solve the problem.

www.torrentspy.com
for those wantin the stuff.

Unfortunately many selfish farkers just download it then switch off instead of sharing once they have it too.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
common aussie (GD), get your broadband working overtime and torrent up a few races for us hint hint
I'm one of those guys BP talks about, way too lazy to be recoding/uploading 3hrs of video every few weeks just for you lot to say 'motogp is where it's at....'

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Yes of course Saliva.
The fact that the whole of 06 season is hosted by me and the 05 year round up.

Oh and both races this season were up and shared by over 2000 people within 2 hours of race finish.

Some people need to
A/ Rethink their own ability with a search engine.
B/ If it says "childsplay" it doesn't neccesarily mean you too
C/ quit bitchin and help solve the problem.

www.torrentspy.com
for those wantin the stuff.

Unfortunately many selfish farkers just download it then switch off instead of sharing once they have it too.
Fark, I've been searching at torrentspy, pirate bay, mininova and so on. However, to no avail. I find more Canadian SBK races then WSB (or any other SBK races for that matter).

Come on BP, show us how you use your magic fingers on your magic keyboard to give us the link to the torrents...

please...!

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode