The boy is confident!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Talking The boy is confident!!

Best is yet to come, says Stoner

Australia's MotoGP series leader Casey Stoner has warned his five-star rivals he will only get stronger this season.

Stoner heads the points table after scoring his debut win in the premier series with victory in the season-opener in Qatar.

His Ducati team now aims to maintain the momentum with the surprisingly fast new Desmosedici GP7 which stunned the leading Hondas and Yamahas earlier this month.

Ducati will also be boosted by a positive test last month at Jerez, the venue for this weekend's Spanish grand prix.

"We go to Jerez in a pretty good mood after the win," Stoner said.

"I'm so happy with the team and everything and I feel we'll get stronger as I get more used to the strengths of the Ducati and the Bridgestones.

"Qatar was perfect - I was able to set my own pace throughout the race, not pushing too much.

"At Jerez I always seem to do reasonably well, never that great, but we'll see how things pan out this time.

"Around a lot of the track you need a quick-turning bike, so you can enter the corners quick and get on the gas quick.

"And you need a bike with good acceleration too.

"The other thing about Jerez is the first corner - it's always quite scary."

Stoner said he would block out the raucous crowd support for home-town hero and arch-rival Dani Pedrosa at Jerez.

Pedrosa beat Stoner to the 250cc world championship before the pair moved up to MotoGP last year.

Pedrosa is third in the standings and the duo are seen as the two main challengers to the supremacy of Valentino Rossi, who finished second in Qatar.

"The atmosphere is great, you really feel it in the buildup to the race, but once the racing starts you just concentrate on the job at hand," Stoner said.

Livio Suppo Ducati MotoGP project manager Livio Suppo said Stoner's win proved the team was on track for the title.

"It was especially satisfying to start the 800cc era with victory, the same way we ended the 990 era - it proves that we are doing a good job," Suppo said.

"I'm really happy for Casey because scoring your debut victory on a new bike and new tyres isn't easy.

"He was fast and smart at Losail and he rode the fastest lap of the race on the last lap, proving he had everything under control and is physically very strong."

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 08:58 AM

1: Rossi
2: Tamada ()

Fair play to Stoner on a good start but I cant see him even finishing enough races to contend for the title!

Steve

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm just surprised he didn't mention that you need good brakes too! What a

Rossi will take it!
Pedro n Capriossi on the podium!

It's balls or bust for KFC ( Kentucky Fat Cant) He needs a top 5 finish to stay in the points race. Wouldn't put money on it thou

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
It's balls or bust for KFC ( Kentucky Fat Cant) He needs a top 5 finish to stay in the points race. Wouldn't put money on it thou
KFC
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Tug

Variable predictions

Pedro, Rossi and then Stoner but I may change my mind later today and again tomorrow
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 PM

The question is will Yam n Honda give up reliability to claw back some of the Ducs top speed.

Got a big box of tissues left for you Rossi boys. Left over from last year when i needed grown up diapers from pissin myself when pizza boy dropped it

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

But you have tipped Rossi to win BP

My man Col will come back strong with a second behind Stoner and Rossi a lonely third The Kentucky Fried Kid will finish in a strong 7th and will then quit the team never to be heard of again

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
But you have tipped Rossi to win BP
Yes i know GD but the Rossi sheep will be in tears if he doesn't win.

I'd like to see Edwards make good too. If he could just get on the pace we know he can ride with the best of them at the front.

t'would make my weekend if he did a Pedro and knocked Rossi off

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Yes i know GD but the Rossi sheep will be in tears if he doesn't win.

I'd like to see Edwards make good too. If he could just get on the pace we know he can ride with the best of them at the front.

t'would make my weekend if he did a Pedro and knocked Rossi off
You have tipped Rossi to win, yet you want him to go down... strange. Also, there wont be any tears about it, Rossi is nearly crying without enough competition. These boys need to step it up a knotch and then you will really see what Rossi can do

Steve

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Tug

Grid

Pedro, Rosi and Checca on the front row. Edwards, Stoner and Hopkins second row. Ill stick with Pedro and Rossi second
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode