Warmth of the herd... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Warmth of the herd...

After BP's good talking to, I've thought it through and I'm moving my alliance for 2007 to one of the less dominant teams - yep off the bandwagon and onto Ilmor I go.

No more herd hugging, blindly following the pack, I'll be a standout, I'm make all my own decisions and when McWilliams steps onto that podium after months of hard work, I will be rewarded.... oh hang on, what this???

Ilmor pull out of MotoGP Friday March 16, 1:24 PM AAP

Ilmor have announced their temporary withdrawal from the 2007 World MotoGP Championship just one race into the season because of a lack of sponsorship, the team said.

Team principal Mario Illien said development of Ilmor's 2007 bike would continue and they would seek to re-enter the competition.

The British-based team was launched in Portugal at the penultimate race of the 2006 season, and made an inauspicious bow in the new 800cc format.

Australian rider Andrew Pitt retired seven laps from the end of the opening race of the season last week in Qatar and Northern Ireland's Jeremy McWilliams was unable to race after a crash in final qualifying.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 12:27 AM

Team principal Mario Illien said that realising nobody could make pizza like "mama used to make" and that getting ahead in Moto GP meant you had to have a boyfriend Dorna could "get farked"

Probably read a few books on King Kennys struggle with pig uncompetitive bikes ( even with the honda engine) and realised he was on a hidin to nowhere.

Must say JR has been doin OK since the honda power plant got shoe horned in. Problem is he's a twat that not even i could support.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Problem is he's a twat that not even i could support.
Isn't it interesting that unless you like the riders personality, it's really hard to follow them. For that reason I've never been a Rossi fan and couldn't ever get into the Doohan days (clearly the best two out there the past 10 years)

So come on you lot, who is your least liked of the past 10 years or so??? Seems to have settled down lately, but Max would be high up on my list

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:34 AM

If we open it up a little to include SBK it would be Bayliss for me by a long shot. What a top top bloke on and off the track, and you just have to love his riding style (or lack of haha).

Second would have to be Edwards.

Although I am starting to take a shine towards Stoner ... he seems to have as much potential as I gave Pedrosa .... yet Stoner seems to have a great personality, where the later has none ...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Erm Ledge ..what part of least liked did you miss

Gibblet the drama queen and all round prick closely followed by Max, gets my vote.

If you include SBK....Foggy

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

I didn't think it'd take long for Sete's name to appear

Another superstar that I never went for was Eddie Lawson, must have been his house brick like personality Oh and Mat Mladin, clearly his own biggest fan

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:23 PM

I actually like Rossi's personality really. He's got a sense of humor doesn;t mind getting beaten, has a good word for those that beat him ( very rare in any sport).

Met Aron Slight a couple of times and he was a great bloke too. Troy Corser's well up there too.

Another all time prick has to be John Koshinski

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Even though ill probably get abuse for this, I wouldnt be a big fan of Nicky Hayden. Good rider and that, but the attitude just seems a bit too cocky, IMO. Being a Tamada & Rossi fan, I would probably always say Hayden for obvious reasons anyway!

Steve

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:30 PM

Haydons Ok i guess ...very Yank like and therefore really annoying. A couple of good kickin's on the track should calm him down ...one under his belt already

KR JR is just really dull and a spoilt brat.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Haydons Ok i guess ...very Yank like and therefore really annoying. A couple of good kickin's on the track should calm him down ...one under his belt already

KR JR is just really dull and a spoilt brat.
Agreed on both accounts. KR SNR hasnt done a great job on the paint job this year. Not sure if its a great idea on KR JR riding alone either?

Just my though, no harm to any yanks there.. but im sure you all know the type we are talking about.

Steve

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode