Qatar ...let down - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Qatar ...let down

Well it must be said Qatar has to be one of the most boring tracks around, you can hardly tell one corner from another.

The race was pretty crap too. Just llok at last years and you'll know what i mean.

How much power does that bloody Duc have eh! Gotta give it to stoner for stayin with it. Even when Rossi was on his case. Top ride by the lad. I was surprised Pedro didn't have a nibble at Rossi. Shows how good the Yam is this year.

Watchin Rossi feather the front into turn 1 was somethin else.

As for haydon well................ Looks like sonebody has been upsizin a few too many KFC meals. Was he strugglin or what. Based on that perfromance he'll be lucky to see the podium this year. Might just be the wake up call he needs but theres a lot to do. A second a lap is a lot of time to find.

Based on the performance of the guys looks like rossi will walk it at Circuits without long straights. This could be Rossi's Dohan year where he just F's off into the distance every race.
Not good for us armchair generals

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Poofter Edwards

Whats up with Colin Edwards then .... rides like a legend when nobody is watching but can't seem to hold it together in front of the studio audience.

Mighty impressive debut ride for Stoner, but I reckon that there's life and a bit of go in old Loris still and the season has a long long way to run.

My money's on Valentino for the Championship.

Blue Cat
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Tug

Qatar-Crater

Not a very interesting place whatever way you look at it.

First few laps were cracking but once it settled down it was a two horse race. The speed of the Duc down the straight was amazing but also amazing to see how much Rossi could make up on the brakes. I doubt that the results will mean much once they get to Europe so Im still on the fence

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 04:09 PM

I might be just a little biased here but what a win by the Ozzie!! Great to see Stoner go head to head with the #1 rider and stick it to him AND I think the Duke held it's own on the turns esp. considering it was Stoner's first event, I guess we'll all know after the next round...

Otherwise agree, that dust bowl should be plowed over, possibly the years most boring circuit.

Other notes:
- Hayden is rubbish
- Edwards is slow again
- and Mr Honda has some serious work to do

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Tug

Why stop there

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave

Otherwise agree, that dust bowl should be plowed over, possibly the years most boring circuit.

Why stop at the circuit, its the most interesting place in the country! Qatar is competing with Malaysia for the most promoted country on telly now but unlike Malaysia there is fark all there unless your a JCB spotter

You should have seen the postcard BP sent his Mum from there So lacking in places of interest they had a postcard with a picture of an operating theater whith a geezer under the knife on it

Last edited by Tug; 03-12-2007 at 05:37 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 06:35 PM

and all he wrote was 'Wish you were here, and I wasn't!!!'

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 AM

Re: Why stop there

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
..... but unlike Malaysia there is fark all there unless your a JCB spotter
Err ... WTF is in malaysia. No wonder everyone is crazy for 'makan' .. it's the only bloody thing to do... unless you enjoy staring at philipino chicks, or large buildings that look like pricks ;-)

Have to agree with your points Aussie ... and I am well proud of the restraint you have shown, given that one of your own won, and your 'kind' are notourious for over the top 'we are the best in the world' celebrations in such circumstrances :-)

It's bloody brilliant actually but you can't quote me on that. So now we have Rossi, Stoner, Capirrosi, Pedrosa plus at least 3 more that have a real chance of taking the No.1 spot in a race .. cool !!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:54 AM

And if stoner wins then we will be able to understand what he is saying in the after race interview ... unlike the Italian/ Spanish contingent ...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 AM

The really interesting thing is Stoner's story. It's so different to the common path taken by Corser, Bayliss, Doohan, Gardner etc...

He did start out with dirt track (that bit's the same) then converted to tar (at the ripe old age of 15) and only did one year in the Oz 250 production championship (which he won!!).

Unlike all the others, his family then financed his move straight to UK & Europe 125's for a season.

The following year, he had a 250 GP seat!!! Talk about a meteoric rise!!

So the thing is, he really isn't that well known in road racing circles down here

He is still only 21, so just imagine what sort of career he could have!!!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 03:09 AM

Bike looks good too....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stoner.jpg (183.4 KB, 52 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode