Want a good laugh? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Want a good laugh?

The Suzuki's just had its 18,000 service and I got up early today to take it up the NS Highway for a max speed test. Damn, ground fog along the straight bits from Machap until over the hill to Pagoh. Finally got the throttle open but more traffic than I expected and had to back off at 273 kph, still more to go. (Speed is as was showing on the GPS, speedo was already at 299 due to gearing.)

When I was putting on my leathers, I couldn't make out why I'd hung them on a single plastic hanger when I usually use two for strength. All was revealed when I took them off and the second one dropped out... Never felt a thing!

1-4 The Road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 03:53 AM

1-4 you are a right legend. Love the coat hanger bit .... could well be the fastest coat hanger in Singapore. All the locals will be lining up for that one so get it on Ebay right smart.

You know, for all the jesting about you being the slow one (granted a smidge faster than me in my prime), it gives me great pleasure to note that you are now CONSIDERABLY faster than Tug AND BP combined.

I expect BP struggles to see over 100 kph in Sillyland, and Tug's dose of speed only comes via the subway in chinkyland ;-)

1-4 faster than Tug .... who would have thought !!! ;-)

Last edited by Legend; 02-18-2007 at 03:56 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 02:20 AM

Even carrying an extra coat hanger it's faster than any Yamaha

Not hard to be faster than an old guy with no wheels

I'll give it two more posts before someone mentions a sump plug???

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 PM

sump plug

You should let Suzuki know about the coat hanger. It obviously does wonders for the areodynamics.

Well you see legend we dont all publish our scooter skermishes in the hope we'll still be considered bikers

And i wil never fail to remind you that an old fat bastard who hadn't ridden for 2 years and had never ridden at Sepang came out and thrashed your arse on your old carburated R1 when you were on the new ( R version) injection jobbie.

Glass houses Ledgend

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode