What a race that was. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

What a race that was.

Maybe the best race of the season so far. Just glad we have a couple of contenders for race of the season.

Wouldn't like to be in Pedro's shoes this week. Old hay bail was fuming.
What a shitty way to go out of such an important race. He actually looked like he was riding like the old Haydon, not the points protector of the last few races.

But what about Rossi getting mugged by Elias and Roberts. Bet that woke him up a bit.
Elias deserved the win..no doubt about it. Some of the rear wheel slides into turns were amazing.

Edwards just baulking everybody sucked . Showed later when he couldn't hold the pace. Take yer F1 tactics and piss off back to the states

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Tug

Stunner

I dont care how it happened but us sheep are happy

Must admit Hayden was looking good for a while but Elias was riding like a demon. I wouldnt have put money on him staying on board for the full distance but hats off to him. Roberts is proving that he still has it if you give him somthing half way competative.

Would love to be a fly on the wall of the Honda pit

Roll on the 29th, hope Rossi doesnt suffer the same bad luck as hayden

Last edited by Tug; 10-15-2006 at 08:27 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:52 PM

Come on BP, out with it..... you must be gutted for Nicky. I mean he couldn't have put himself into a better position with 2 to play against The Man....

Peddy's ears must still be ringing after the verbal beating he must have copped from Mr Honda

So what's that then, 6 in a row for the Doctor??

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Tug

Singers

Just realised that Im in sing on the 29th, where are we watching the race
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:38 PM

On the one hand, on the other, back to the first.....

Gotta say I really felt for Nicky Hayden as he really didn't deserve that from Pedrosa. Somehow I think the Championship is now a mountain that he can't climb, and with the calibre of the current field I also sense that he may never get that close again.

Honda must also be slightly reeling from the Own Goal they managed to let in there .... and in favour of Rossi and Yamaha !! But what to do ... we the public don't want team orders, prima donnas and stage managed races. Honda must also be wondering about how to handle this moving forward because the irony is that Pedrosa probably is a premier class future world champion and Honda's shining star able to conquer Rossi.

It doesn't make his behaviour right though ..... it was more a massive error of judegement than an innocent mistake.

What happened to Tony Elias .... was he doped or did someone rub chilli round his ringpiece !!! He was on fire and I've never seen him ride like that before. Sort of mixture between Gary McCoy, Rossi and Capirossi all at once.... superb.

And hats off to the fat boy of Moto Gp KRJR . That was also an awesome ride. Cool, Calm and Calculating .... wonder what he could have done if he'd realised there was another lap to go !!!!

We should set up pole ... was that a better race than the 2002 Superbike Showdown between Bayliss and Edwards?

Blue Cat
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i was pissed off for Haybail but heh thats racing i guess ...we all know that.
What surprised me was that it was Pedro. normally Mr smooth. What was in his head. Reckon Haydon must be chuffed to walk away from that crash. Nasty repsol sandwich.

It's sad but he has to hope for similar bad luck for Rossi next week. Or get Pedro to knock him off

Still win for haydon ...4th for rossi . Could happen lets face it ..however unlikely.
Kr Jr will help out . Pedro owes him mmmmmhhh cant wait till next week.

Yeah Tug i really need to be next to you when Rossi wins Nah mate, we'll find a watering hole for sure

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Tug

wouldnt be surprised

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil

It's sad but he has to hope for similar bad luck for Rossi next week. Or get Pedro to knock him off

Now Hayden did say yesterday that he needed Pedro to make it up to him by helping him in the last race
If I was the boss at Honda id be looking for someone like Stoner to do the dirty if he wants to keep his seat next year. Lets face it there are plenty of Hondas out there with nothing to lose.

Hunting season has just opened on rossi and the honda boys wont be wearing regulation orange jackets

With the problems Yamaha have had this year Im not counting any chickens
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 07:20 PM

Rumour has it that Stoner has signed for Ducatti ousting Giblet.... which is basically what he did on Sunday as well !!!

Checa goes to the LCR Team

Not sure if any of this is confirmed though ! Wonder if Biaggi thinks he made the right move afterall.

Blue Cat
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

You gotta love chugga checka...just keeps bashing away at it. Nice bloke too.
Havin said that i do miss the bitch fights of last season with Rossi Giblet and Baggy.

Looks like we're in for a crackin end of season race. Can't remember such a buildup before. Seem to remember a similar Dohan Swantz thing a good while back but the leather cleaner my armchair needs is giving off some weird fumes

CHumley just sent me a picture of your building contractor BC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg builders.jpg (373.8 KB, 57 views)

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
Come on BP, out with it..... you must be gutted for Nicky. I mean he couldn't have put himself into a better position with 2 to play against The Man....

Peddy's ears must still be ringing after the verbal beating he must have copped from Mr Honda

So what's that then, 6 in a row for the Doctor??
Not really that pissed off GD. Haydon had decided to go for the point protective ride since Laguna. His choice and that it only left him 8 points in the lead before Estoril was his gamble.
What i was dissapointed at was it made him boring to watch.
He's still the only guy that can stay the pace at the front with Rossi week in week out. Everybody else seems to be a hit and miss afair. The others would probably have faired better if they were on a repsol too but Pedro is testament to that not always being the case.

Roll on Valencia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode