Kells hat-trick - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Kells hat-trick

Cameron Donald's amazing season continued with a dominant hat-trick at the Kells Road Races on Sunday and the Australian left his mark on yet another Irish road circuit. In warm conditions, the 27-year old opened his account with victory in the 600cc race aboard the Wilson & Craig Honda and followed this up with two convincing wins in the Open and Grand Final events on the Robinson Concrete Honda Fireblade. To cap a perfect day, he also raised the lap record to a new high of almost 112mph.

The 600cc race got proceedings underway and after following Darran Lindsay for the first lap, Cameron made his move at the second road end on the second lap, outbraking his rival. He promptly got his head down and, finding a good rhythm, opened up a small gap which he controlled until the chequered flag. Really enjoying himself on the circuit, Cameron made a good start in the Open race and soon fought his way to the front. Having opened up a small gap, he kept pressing and took another victory, this time at a more comfortable 5 seconds. He saved the best until last though and having grabbed the holeshot he extended his lead on each and every lap, eventually crossing the line a convincing ten seconds clear. He also broke the outright lap record by over 2mph, leaving it a new high of 111.936mph.

After celebrating his victories with a well deserved drink of champagne, an ecstatic Cameron enthused:

"After not racing much at Walderstown, I was on an absolute mission this weekend and really determined from the beginning. I was really looking forward to the meeting so I tried each and every lap and I really enjoyed the circuit - it had a good, consistent surface and it's probably the best circuit we've been to all year. We all put in a lot of effort this weekend so it was awesome to get the hat-trick, especially on the Wilson & Craig machine as it's been a while since we won a 600cc race."

"The bikes are working really well at the moment and I felt really comfortable all weekend and happy with the pace I was running so I kept riding at the same rate. From the outside it looks like we're having it easy but I can assure everyone that we're not! We're not sitting on our laurels and I'm very much of the view that you're only as good as you're last race so we've all been working hard and will continue to do so. It's been a dream weekend here at Kells though and I'm rapt."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdkells2.jpg (103.8 KB, 79 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Looks a bit bumpy!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see him taking it easy on the jumps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdkells3.jpg (262.2 KB, 82 views)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Happy with a good days work

Fast becoming a favourate with the crowd, I know a girl in Beijing that has a Cameron Donald T shirt!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdkells4.jpg (163.5 KB, 76 views)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Podium

Must be Iron Brew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdkells5.jpg (242.0 KB, 72 views)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:58 PM

That first jump pic is crazy - good to see him doing the business over there

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 PM

top pics and great to see Cam doing so well.

Maybe all the attention will lead to the big break he's been looking for

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode