Rossi signs contract ... then wins .. coincidence ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Rossi signs contract ... then wins .. coincidence ?

“We are extremely happy that Valentino has chosen to continue his illustrious MotoGP career with Yamaha in 2007. Yamaha and Valentino have an excellent relationship and we have enjoyed great success together since our partnership was born in 2004. It’s exciting news for Yamaha’s fans; Valentino’s worldwide appeal unites them under one banner and brings more and more people daily into the Yamaha ‘family’.

Is it just me .... or does it all seem a little coincidental. He rolls up in 04, takes the world by storm by winning in his first year on what was a pig at the time, then follow it up for 05 even easier .....

So ... if your a Yamaha executive, you say ... "Well, common Rossi, we can't really afford to pay you so much anymore, we need to put more money into R&D for the new R1 to beat the new Gixer ...."

So Rossi says ... "You can take that idea and rope yourself with it. Without me, your pig will not make the podium, your 'glorious' comeback and dominance over arch rival Honda will be over, and it will be clear that it was me not your bike that did it all .... so, I suggest if you want me for another year ... you pay me MORE."

So, they do, and he starts winning again ......

The art of contract negotiation 'Rossi' style ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:40 PM

The yam is not a pig..... there wasn't much in any of the bikes down the straight at the weekend. Maybe the repsols in the last 200 meters before the braking point but thats about it.
The yam looks no more of a pig to ride than the ducati thats for sure. Mind you if the Duc's used tyres instead of wine gums it might help.

Reckon he just wants to enjoy the glory he's earnt in MotoGP for a little longer. The chances of him getting anywhere near this level in F1 are slim at best.
It'll give me another year to fine tune his transition education.
I'm in charge of tummy rounding ala Barichello
Ledge in charge of talkin bollocks ala Button
Saliva in charge of charisma ala Hakinnen
BC in charge of car wreckin ala Ralf schumi
We'll have him on the podium in no time

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 01:46 AM

Unhappy German sportsmanship

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
The yam is not a pig..... there wasn't much in any of the bikes down the straight at the weekend. Maybe the repsols in the last 200 meters before the braking point but thats about it.
The yam looks no more of a pig to ride than the ducati thats for sure. Mind you if the Duc's used tyres instead of wine gums it might help.

Reckon he just wants to enjoy the glory he's earnt in MotoGP for a little longer. The chances of him getting anywhere near this level in F1 are slim at best.
It'll give me another year to fine tune his transition education.
I'm in charge of tummy rounding ala Barichello
Ledge in charge of talkin bollocks ala Button
Saliva in charge of charisma ala Hakinnen
BC in charge of car wreckin ala Ralf schumi
We'll have him on the podium in no time
Can I be in carge of valet parking ala schumaker

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 02:08 AM

Or the change back to the 05 spec M1 makes the thing reasonable or winable in Rossi's case - good to see the tin foilers still trying hard though

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode