Alonso has clearly had enough of him!!!! hahaha
MONACO, May 24 (Reuters) - MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi turned his back on Formula One on Wednesday and pledged his immediate future to racing on two wheels.
"No Formula One, at least for the moment. I'm staying with bikes," the charismatic 27-year-old told the Italian news agency ANSA in a statement. "I will carry on racing in MotoGP for a while yet."
Rossi had been courted by Ferrari and has impressed in several increasingly serious tests with the Formula One glamour team over the last year.
Ferrari are waiting to hear whether seven times world champion Michael Schumacher, now 37, wants to continue next year and have also been strongly linked to McLaren's Finnish driver Kimi Raikkonen for 2007.
Rossi thanked Ferrari for their interest and for giving him the opportunity to test.
"It was a beautiful experience from a technical, and above all human, point of view," he said. "I thank (president) Luca di Montezemolo, team boss (Jean Todt) and the whole team for giving me such a great opportunity.
"I believe my work in motorcycling is not yet finished: I still have so much to do and will carry on in MotoGP for a while," added the Yamaha rider, whose contract is up for renewal.
"I hope Ferrari achieve their target and that it coincides with mine -- to win the world championship."
Rossi, winner for the last five years in a row in the top category, has endured his worst start to a season and is currently languishing in eighth place after five races.
Ferrari are second in the Formula One constructors' championship, 19 points behind Renault. Schumacher has won two of the six races.
ANSA quoted Todt as saying Ferrari noted Rossi's decision.
"It was a pleasure giving him the chance to try out a Ferrari racing car," he said. "All those who worked with him were struck by his ability to adapt to Formula One, by his talent and courtesy."
"Now we will follow with great affection his MotoGP challenge, hoping that he can get what he so richly deserves."
Renault's world champion Fernando Alonso was less gracious when he heard the news.
"Good. Like this we don't talk anything more about him," the Spaniard told reporters at the Monaco Grand Prix. "After four months, maybe this is the last question (I face about him)."
Is it weird in here, or is it just me?