Cam Donald - good news from the Western Front - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Cam Donald - good news from the Western Front

Seems Cameron is enjoying some good days:

CLICK HERE

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Tug

Looking good

Some top picks in the galery, hope all goes well for the season
TT practice starts at the end of the month and racing starts in June. I will be in the UK around that time so might try and get over
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:53 PM

TALES FROM T HE NW 200 - OUCH !!

Latest Report... 16 May 2006

North West 200

What a week of racing!

This has been without a doubt the toughest week I have had in a long while. Straight from our Tandragee 100 celebrations, it was up to the PortRushCoast to set up the team's pit awning.

The team have recently acquired a 45 ft semi-trailer with the ex-team Honda wrap around awning to be used at all the international races. Man it this thing huge! We have enough room in our awning for all the bikes, hospitality and plenty to spare. It makes it great for everyone to get out of the weather.

Tuesday night was the first practice/qualifying session and I headed out on my Robinson's Concrete Honda to record the 6th fastest time on my third lap, feeling very comfortable around the track.

Next I was out on the Wilson Craig 600cc machine and the week began to get a little more trying! On my first lap entering Church bend a second gear right-hander I changed line to pass some slower riders and as I crossed a man hole cover the back end came round on me. No probs I thought, just a small slide until I came to an abrupt stop against the curb to the Church fence feet first!

Straight away I knew I was in trouble as my heels were hurting bad and I was in the ambulance to hospital straight away.

Gareth Robinson and Tash got to the hospital soon after to find me in bed looking worse for wear and still in a lot of pain. After the x-rays I was informed I had a fracture in the left heel but both heels were very badly bruised.

I have to say it took me a long time to convince the doctor and nurse to strap my feet and not plaster them! Knowing plaster would be an instant end to my race week.

Thursday night I was back at the circuit to pass a brief medical examination. Showing the doc that the pain in my heels was not going to effect how I could ride the bike as my foot rests are either in the middle arch or the balls of my feet.

First I was out on my John Harris Motorcycles Superstock Honda to do a few easy laps and loosen up. This was my first time on the Superstock bike this year.

Next up back out on the 600cc and trouble again. On my first lap entering the Corona chicane I was over the highside and sliding down the road again. This time it was my hip taking the beating of the curb.

Straight away I knew something was wrong with the bike. The marshals confirmed this on telling me that the black flag was out for me at the next corner and my bike had been smoking since I began the lap.

Unfortunately I had a small oil leak that found it's way to my back tire and I was down.

Come race day I was very sore but blue sky and 120.000 people at the North West 200 was too much to miss and I was back to the doc for my medical clearance.

I have to thank to doctors for their help all week but there is no thanks for the part where I had to jump down two steps and land on each foot to prove I had strength in my feet/ankles!! After that I figured the bike would be a breeze and I was out for the first Superbike race.

Not a bad start and away in about 6th before catching Ian Lougher on the Stobart Honda. Ian and myself had a great race with our two Hondas evenly matched down the huge NW straights where we both reached speeds of 196 mph!

I managed to get Ian at the finish line to take fourth place.

Next I was out on the John Harris Superstock bike to get some extra laps and a little more time on this brand new Honda.

I'd qualified about 11th for this class and after a big moment with some other riders in lap one I was way down the field. Unfortunately my team mate Les Shand who was riding well in this race crashed and broke his collar bone in the Corona Chicane! I think that next year that could be the Uel Duncan chicane!!!

Now for the main event, the 2006 North West 200. Although sore I was looking forward to the challenge.

Having a blinder of a start I slipped into second place behind Michael Rutter into turn one and put my head down, knowing I had some very strong riders and bikes on my trail. The speed of my Robinson's Concrete Superbike held off the boys behind down the first long straight but heading into Metropole corner Bruce and Ian pushed up the inside under breaks. I ran wide so Plater and McGuinness also came by and I went from 2nd to 6th in one turn.

Next it was Guy Martin on the AIM Yamaha to pass me and I was in 7th!

Setting into the race I could see that Guy and I were slowing each other up and letting the others get away. So I put my head down passing them both and chasing McGuinness. Unfortunately Bruce Anstey had to pull out with a mechanical failure which meant I was up to 4th position and chasing John as I wanted a podium.

I made some ground for a couple of laps before my body started hurting more, causing me to ease up and ride home a safe and sound 4th!!!!!

So overall I am stoked, considering that both nights of practice I thought the week was over and even though we just missed the podium in both legs I had run as high as second against some of the best riders around.

Now it's rest and nothing more for me until the TT practice begins on the 27th of this month.

A massive thanks to the whole team this weekend as everybody worked so hard and it showed with the Uel Duncan racing team standing out as the friendliest/happiest in the paddock.

Thanks again Uel, Davy, Tash and sorry for causing you guys so much stress over the last weekend wondering where I was!

Cheers,

Cam #86

Blue Cat

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Tug

Geeeze

Bloody hell, thrilling stuff or what

I watched the Tandragee 100 on telly this week and there was some brilliant footage of Cam. They even had an on bike camera on him. Fingers crossed for the TT.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 AM

Location: currently spending the summer at my oxfordshire address
the little fella even got his own article in MCN ! they called him 'The hard case ozzy'
Got an email off him a week ago and he'll hopefully be geting a few rides in the British Superstocks this year, which will be good for me as i'll try to blag hospitality tickets, he still owes me for breaking the tls at pg

Tug,

When you over? Where will you be? And do you fancy a pint and a curry with me and the boss?

will be at assen for the GP from the 21st june till the 27th june, but free other than at, and be good to meet up.

Hope every one is well

Mr & Mrs Tls Boy

I want to be young & wild. Then I want to be middle-aged & rich. And then I want to be old & annoy people by pretending I'm deaf
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Tug

UK

I get in on June 17th and leave on July 3rd.
Im doing a bit if a Bob the Builder as we have a new flat to get ready so not sure how much time we will have. are you going to the TT?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM

Tug The Tugger......

hows things? How are you and Jules and the little one coming along?

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 10:43 AM

Rider: Cameron Donald
Number of TT wins: 0
Number of TT podiums: 0
Fastest TT Lap: 119.67mph (67th)
Team for 2006: Uel Duncan Racing Honda

Arguably the sensation of TT2005, Donald left with the much coveted Newcomers Trophy and only just missed out on a top ten finish on his debut, also lapping a whisker under 120mph. A two-time winner of the 600cc Macau Grand Prix. Cameron went on to excel at the Ulster Grand Prix and comes to this year's TT as part of the formidable Uel Duncan Racing squad. One of the most exciting road racing prospects to emerge in recent times, he now has top class machinery at his disposal so expect to see the likeable Australian shine even further.

One to watch this year.....
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Cameron on TV

Star Sports actually had a 30minute motorsport show that included Irish RR!!
Pleased to see that Cameron has made it to TV all the way here in Singers.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:51 PM

He Saliva don;t forget to gimme the disks from GD when you're done

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode