Download Bike Vids Ooops - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Download Bike Vids Ooops

Ok girls. The FTP thing is working but i just got told off by my service provider.

That means the only option left is sharing the vids on peer to peer ( bit torrents)
Bad news is you have to download ( free) and install bit torrent software.
Good news is it's pretty easy to use and the speeds are better than FTP. It also means that as more of you get the vid files the speeds for everybody else increase and are not just dependant on 1 persons computer being on. Also if you loose the connection as soon as somebody else comes online ( seeds the file) it picks up where it left off.
All in all a good thing.
I've now got to the stage where the ideal compression of 1 hour of video is 400 MB in the form of a DVIX codec AVI file. 480X360 resolution ( which gives pretty good vid even on a TV)

for P2P torrents I use Bit Comet ( good FAQs and tutorials).....pretty good stuff with lots of links to torrent sites for all kinds of stuff.
I would recommend having a decent active virus scan if you plan on downloading PC software. Video and audio files are no problem at all.

I'll post here as and when i start to put stuff up for sharing.

Remember the more you leave your torrent software running the faster and better it gets for everyone.

I wanna get all the excisting stuff up ready for nexts weeks GP !!!
I've already told the Mrs that all this bollocks about "walks on the beach" and all that girly shite on Sundays are over >> The GP season is starting

PS torrents means it's also available to everyone with torrent software...not just those with the details of my FTP site.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.

Last edited by bigphil; 03-16-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

As an incentive you can already go to www.piratebay.org and do a search for motoGP.

There quite a bit there already but it's wmv format which sucks but i'll be posting there soon.

Had to use my step ladder to change a light bulb cos i don't get on with my real ladder.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to SepiasSoul
If you ever need a server to do some seeding for you let me know. I run a dedicated server just for bittorrent files and would be more than happy to save a few slots to seed for ya. Just let me know. I've got a 7mbs connection that I hate to leave idle so I just leave random torrents running (why pay for something if you aren't going to use/torture to death).

Lemme know,
Sepias

Protect yourselves! The squirrels are plotting to steal our nuts!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Grat stuff

Thats a fine offer
Thanks a lot.

As soon as i start recording the Moto Gp 06 season i'll be in touch.

Cheers

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Latest update girls.

With the kind help of Sepias i think i've sorted out the bike vid thing.

Get yourselves a bit torrent client ( free download software). Something like utorrent or bit comet and do a search.

For all clarity.
Basically a bit torrent file conatins the info needed to download the file you want. It is no the file itself!!!!!!!!
So if you save it your just saving the info file as it were. You have to open that file with the bit torrent software in order to actually download the file you want.

There's aload of stuff out there

Limewire ( another type of file sharing software) is easier but it takes up more bandwidth and there's not as much content available ...but it's "easier"

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode