Guess who..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Guess who.....

.... Managed to beat Coulthard, Wurz, Webber and Trulli, among others in testing at Valencia yesterday???

You guessed it......

Wednesday's testing times from Valencia

1. ALONSO Renault 1m11.291s
2. BUTTON Honda 1m11.327s
3. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m11.831s
4. MONTOYA McLaren 1m11.978s
5. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m12.062s
6. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m12.113s
7. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m12.619s
8. ZONTA Toyota 1m12.660s
9. ROSSI Ferrari 1m12.856s
10. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m12.883s
11. WURZ Williams 1m12.925s
12. PAFFETT McLaren 1m12.937s
13. WEBBER Williams 1m13.050s
14. TRULLI Toyota 1m13.078s
15. KUBICA BMW 1m13.332s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35807_2.jpg (20.1 KB, 43 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 05:38 PM

Wow

What a bunch of pussies, the regular F1 guys must be shitting themselves....

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:39 PM

LONDON, Feb 2 (Reuters) - Motorcycling world champion Valentino Rossi will have more Formula One tests with Ferrari in the next few months after a promising three days alongside other drivers in Spain.

"It has been a very interesting test, considering how it was the first time I lapped in a Formula One car along with other drivers," the Italian told the Ferrari website.

"I have to say I felt at ease and had no particular problems. Maybe I need a little more experience of driving on a wet track.

"I did not come here to show anything to anybody but simply to broaden my understanding of a Formula One car and I thank Ferrari for continuing to give me this opportunity," added the 26-year-old.

"In the next few months there will be more tests but now I go back to motorcycling, which is foremost in my thoughts. I, like Ferrari, have a task to face. We both have championships to compete in and, possibly, to win."

A Ferrari spokesman confirmed that Rossi would take part in further tests with the team but said no schedule had been drawn up yet.

Rossi lapped ninth fastest of 15 drivers in Valencia on Wednesday and, despite a few spins, also acquitted himself well on Thursday when he completed 53 laps and was just over a second slower than Brazilian Felipe Massa.

The Italian, winner in motorcycling's top category for the past five years, is seen as a serious prospect to switch from two wheels to four in the future.

"Tuesday's start was not positive, I did half a lap on the wet track and then spun," the ANSA news agency quoted Rossi as saying. "But things went better in the dry.

"I learnt so many things and above all I am happy with the atmosphere in Ferrari.

"There are a lot of very, very able people, the atmosphere is just right, it is calm and this allows you to develop so much, to learn how to drive the car and how to take it to the limit," added the Yamaha rider.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode