Zhuhai race report (Re-posted to its rightfull place) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Zhuhai race report (Re-posted to its rightfull place)

Will wrote:

"Well, back in Shanghai after a bloody brilliant weekend. Went down thursday evening to have Friday on the track for a little familiarization.

The rain on Friday can only be described as Malaysian strength and British endurance!!! Good time round the track beginning to get comfortable in the wet, Much easier and more exciting with full wets, especially the fast 3rd or 4th gear corners, 3, 6 and 13. FACK!

Waking up Saturday we expected it to have rained itself out. Not quite, took Aaron 3 hours to get to the track from the hotel due to flooding! (this is usually 60 quai away) We all went out for practice however the rest of the day was canned since it really was getting a bit daft.

So of course in true Zhuhai stylie (I am sure BP can relate to this one) we spent the afternoon in the "gents club" getting massages etc

Sunday was dry in the morning however the track was still wet however drying out. This race series is totally open and so any tyre goes, kinda nice but it can get expensive. Most people were on DOT tyres however a few opted for slicks. I qualified on the 4th row and subsequently had a terrible start. Don't know who he was but some lad had a nasty high side into turn one. The race was restarted. I had a blinding start and put myself at the back of the lead pack. Anyway, it was a semi dry race, loads of maneuvers etc and a lot of fun. Ended up ninth and roughly at the same position as i was in shanghai, pleased since these guys have been riding this circuit for 4 years or so.

The heavens opened for the second race so it was back on with the full wets. These were the same tyres I used in shanghai and for the previous 2 days so they were a little thin on the ground. I'm not making excuses mind you!

Good start and again at the back of the lead pack, I got a little carried away with my new slipper clutch and wanged it into first way way to early into one of the hairpins. The rear was approaching the stop on the bars and so I put it into the gravel. (gravel which you could loose a small child in). The lads helped me pull it out and I restarted. Obviously nothing spectacular in that race however good experience in the wet and a lot of fun.

Lots of crashes and thankfully no one seriously hurt. That is apart from Aaron who was beaten by a girl - Loetta!!!!!!!!!! I am sure legend would have a hard time going faster than her.

I heard her boyfriend is a Pilates Instructor or somthing similar!
Pic is Loetta!

Bike is going well, although a front fork upgrade kit is on its way."

Sorry Will, lost the pic can you re-post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:37 PM

Not bad Tug

It's only taken you 4 years to figure out how to moderate

Great report BBQ. I remember the deep gravel too. Saw a bike at least half submerged in it

About Loetta...i wouldn't shout to quick about yer mate ...she's quick. What was she riding...i've seen her on a 250.
Didn't she ride at the Shangers GP last year ?

Where will it all end eh boys...girls riding bikes. They'll be watching rugby next and pissing standing up ( i know most of your birds already do Legend )
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 04:58 AM

House work to be done!

This is Loetta and some European Chap who nobody takes seriously cos he has long hair!

She was riding an R6 however she had a fairly nasty off in the wet race, she was alright however her bike looked like BC had had a go at it!

Shanghai she was average to slow however Zhuhai!!!! i really was impressed, I got my knickers in a twist trying to pass her from too far behind thinking she is going to be on the brakes early.

That's one girl who would be safe around Legend, he could never try it on knowing she can do a 1.48 round zhuhai.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (116.5 KB, 60 views)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:50 AM

Re: House work to be done!

Quote:
Originally posted by bbqq021
This is Loetta and some European Chap who nobody takes seriously cos he has long hair!
And he likes blokes and wants to drive a car.

Heard on the telly last Sat that he's been testing with Ferrari again and was only 1 second off Schumi's best time on the test track. I dunno but the bugger might just pull it off.

I also read somethin that he was on team orders to let Edwards throu in the USA GP for a USA 1 and 2
If it's gonna be like that he might as well bugger off to cars

Heh GD ...maybe thats it. Baywatch is on team orders to ride like a twat and fall off a lot
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 08:22 AM

Re: Re: House work to be done!

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil

Heard on the telly last Sat that he's been testing with Ferrari again and was only 1 second off Schumi's best time on the test track. I dunno but the bugger might just pull it off.

The last report I read was that he was about 3-4 seconds of Shumi's best on Ferrari's test track. I guess the gap grew by a few seconds when it came through US customs.

Last edited by slaintedan; 08-23-2005 at 08:25 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Heh GD ...maybe thats it. Baywatch is on team orders to ride like a twat and fall off a lot
Gotta be something like that going on!!!

You won't hear the end of me if he posts a result (yes that's a fair IF i know...)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Quote:

I also read somethin that he was on team orders to let Edwards throu in the USA GP for a USA 1 and 2
If it's gonna be like that he might as well bugger off to cars

Now we have squashed that nasty rumour with the testimony of a slapper from the pits who published in SuperBike last month. So Ill hear no more said about VR taking it up the chutney locker

As for letting Edwards through, why not he didnít need the points and it was the only chance a yank would have of winning a proper race
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 11:39 PM

Location: currently spending the summer at my oxfordshire address
Mr Rossie was quoted in MCN last week that he wouldn't mind racing both Motogp and 250 in the same season and going for both championships, might have too ride for 2 different factories to do that though i think

I want to be young & wild. Then I want to be middle-aged & rich. And then I want to be old & annoy people by pretending I'm deaf
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tls boy
Mr Rossie was quoted in MCN last week that he wouldn't mind racing both Motogp and 250 in the same season and going for both championships, might have too ride for 2 different factories to do that though i think
The last I heard Yamaha and Honda were happy to let Rossi race in both classes on the same day. Honda R250 and Yamaha M1. It seems the rest is up to Mr. Rossi... Here's to a double-victory!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 AM

OI!!!!!

Please read the title of this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zhuhai Race Report! how many other people on this forum took part in that race??????? Hey?

Zip, therefore this post is supposed to be all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feck VR!!

Think the janitor needs to clean this one up,

Sorry, moderator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode