BP's main man gets his leg over - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Cool BP's main man gets his leg over

Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden scored a victory among a very select group of world-class competitors on Wednesday morning. But instead of Sete Gibernau and Valentino Rossi, Hayden beat out a football player and a singer.

The 23-year-old Kentuckian was chosen over the others on a re-staged version of "The Dating Game," a classic American game show that pits three men against each other for the heart of a woman. The game was staged outdoors on the Rockefeller Plaza set of the "Today" show.

PEOPLE Magazine was responsible for Hayden being on the show. The 23-year-old Kentuckian was chosen as one of the 50 Hottest Bachelors of
2005 in the June 27 issue.

"Now that I'm in PEOPLE magazine I hope these women start answering the phone when I call," Hayden joked.

Sarah Hostetter, 25, of Seattle, Washington, chose Hayden over the other two after asking each a series of questions. The first was what each looked for in a woman. "A girl I can connect with. I've got to be on the same page with a girl," Hayden said. As for the perfect woman, Hayden said, "A girl who's cool. Someone, like I said, on the same page, reminds me of my mom."

The second question was easier for Hayden to answer. "Whether in a car or on a bike what's the fastest you've ever gone?" she asked the MotoGP star. "I'm your man," he answered with a smile. "I get paid to go fast. I was kind of hoping I could sing for you. I've gone 215, 218 mph top speed, so pretty fast."

Asked to choose among the three, Hostetter said, "I really like a man who can sing and I love athletes, and I don't know if my mom's going to be too happy about this, but I love a man who can ride fast."

"I finally won something this year!" Hayden said. "It's kind of nice. I don't mind doing this stuff, but I really want to win races. It's definitely good for the sponsors. It seems to be getting a lot of interest for the USGP which is important for everybody." Hayden added: I didn't really realize how big this show was until my phone started ringing afterwards. It's cool to get picked."

As soon as his segment was finished, text messages started showing up on his mobile phone. "I'm sure I'm going to catch a lot of heat from my boys back home," he said. "Already got some text messages saying, 'I've falling hard.' And 'Is this the one? Am I bringing her home for Christmas?' I'm sure I'll get a little bit of heat on it. But it's all good fun."

Hayden was in New York for a whirlwind day of media appearances between two races. The Repsol Honda team tested on Monday in Montmelo, a day after Hayden finished fifth in the Grand Prix of Catalunya. On Tuesday he flew to New York and prepared for today's excitement, while finding time to go for a run in Central Park. Then he was at it early on Wednesday morning, signing autographs for fans on the "Today" show and posing for photos on a Honda CBR-1000RR painted in the colours of Hayden's RC211V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hayden.jpg (86.3 KB, 79 views)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 08:03 PM

ABout time

he got some cred.

Dunno what it is i just like his riding style. Pretty aggresive and fun to watch. Used to like Abe for the same reasons. Just top riders to watch on the box.

And the good news is HE'S NOT GAY. So all you wop pufta lovers can fark oorf

Never liked Rossi much, he's the best rider ever but now i know he takes it up the council i'm done
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 08:46 PM

Re: ABout time

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Never liked Rossi much, he's the best rider ever but now i know he takes it up the council i'm done
Up the council.... what a truly great expression... makes one proud to be British.

Speaking of which I see Little Britain is being rolled out this Sunday by Star TV... after all the editing can't see there'll be much humour or too much of a show for that matter.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Your right, Nicky's not gay..... he just rides like he is

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 10:39 PM

WOT!

It's not his fault Baywatch and the rest have to watch his arse so much is it
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Come on guys

you've got to hand it to the lad. Over taking people round the outside takes bollocks. Did you see the first 5 corners at Assen.

For once i might have picked a good un. And i deserve it. AFter spending years watching another favourite Abe jump off at every opertunity i could do with a good un.
Trouble is i have to get to the bar and order 2 pints before the green light cos this bugger stays on all race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode