Boycie on the pace - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Boycie on the pace

I must say again it is good to see a smile on your face when at the track Boycie. Here is a pic for you to put on the wall to remember. I'll try my best not to let you have too high expectations.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:33 AM

Hmmm...52 deg of lean

Not bad Boycie, here's one of Biaggi at 57 degrees to encourage you.

Bullet, what happened to you in Race 1? Good best lap but finished up being lapped.

And Christ, I see even Carl was lapped, the pace is still getting hotter.

I was in Shanghai, sorry to have missed another fun weekend, but in any case the K4 is no longer insured and the K5 only has 160km on the clock. Plan to be there to race the pace car next time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg biaggi-57degs.jpg (10.1 KB, 119 views)

1-4 The Road
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Lean angle?

I had a bad start in the 1st race and wheelied off the line. Had to go off the throttle to let the front wheel come back down. By the time I could turn on the juice again I was passed by half the field. Managed to outbreak some into the first corner and take a couple more during the first lap. However, after a couple of laps I caught up with the front group and got stuck behind Boycie. He knew he had people behind him and was taking some very defensive lines. He was also loosing touch with the guys in front of him. While trying to pass him I overshot going into turn 4, but that wasn't really a passing maneuver. It was caused by him veering from side to side going into the corner and me having to let of the brake to turn so I wouldn't crash with him. Anyway, I managed to pass him and put in a couple of very hot laps. As I was getting in touch with the front guys I was a little too hard on the throttle between turn 1 and 2 and had to pull the brake a bit more than I should when tipping into 2. I managed to do my very first low side, and happy it happened in such a slow corner. Damage was some tears to the front side of the leathers, scratches on the bike and a broken footpeg. I lifted the bike back up, limped through the rest of the race and saved 9th place for some points.

The best thing of the weekend was that even though my mechanics had forgotten to bring my extra footpeg, they had some friends that alu-welded another peg back on. I could do the 2nd race and salvaged 4th. In fact I was in 3rd for most of the latter part of the race, but after switching places something which felt like 10 times on the last 2 laps, I lost my 3rd place into the last corner of the race. I hope they recorded the last lap we had because it would something worth watching again.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:10 PM

Lean angles?

Here's a lean angle shot for ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leanangle2.jpg (58.3 KB, 104 views)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM

I can beat that.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowsides.jpg (134.7 KB, 106 views)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:24 PM

I meant while still staying up....

Gobert and Russell?

Oh.. here we go again....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:43 PM

Re: I meant while still staying up....

Quote:
Originally posted by Chumley
Gobert and Russell?

Oh.. here we go again....

One outta two aint bad....

We missed nothing much on Monday mate, has been cold wet and windy here for a couple of weeks now!!!

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:57 PM

Re: Lean angle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Silva Bullet
and got stuck behind Boycie. He knew he had people behind him and was taking some very defensive lines. He was also loosing touch with the guys in front of him. While trying to pass him I overshot going into turn 4, but that wasn't really a passing maneuver. It was caused by him veering from side to side going into the corner and me having to let of the brake to turn so I wouldn't crash with him.

my mechanics had forgotten to bring my extra footpeg, they had some friends that alu-welded another peg back on.
Yes i quite agree Nils...it clearly states in the race rules ....no veering from side to side........Fark ooorf wil ya

Maybe use the horn next time and he'll pull to one side and wave you thru

The race rules DO say no welding of footpegs etc. Farkin dangerous to weld any cast alu parts that are already brittle you plonka.

Might well have to pop up to KL next race if you guys are gonna fight it out
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 02:02 AM

Talking CHIPS AWAY !!!!!

C'mon Nils, call it like it was.... You fucked up, Boycie did great and he made you work to pass him, which is racing.

From what I could see, he looked like very credible competition. Makes me wonder what extra uuummph he could find if he actually did a bit of exercise!!!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 03:29 PM

Re: CHIPS AWAY !!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Catt
.. From what I could see, he looked like very credible competition. Makes me wonder what extra uuummph he could find if he actually did a bit of exercise!!!!!
Boycie doing excercise .. he he he he .. ha ha ha ha .. hooo hoo hoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode