Hannu From Nokia - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Hannu From Nokia

As you know Hannu moved to the Philippines at the end of last year after a strong campaign in the MSS 2004 which saw him emerge as one of the front runners.

I've been in touch with him to get his race license sorted for MSS 2005 as he was intending to compete.

However, he was involved in a serious road accident on his R1 down in the Philippines some weeks ago. The result of this is that he has been in traction in hospital now for at least a month. He suffered a broken neck and needs to have some titanium plates added to some of the vertebrae in his neck in due course. I'm not sure about the extent of the other injuries.

The road to recovey is still a long way off, but I know we all wish him well.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:51 PM

Very sad indeed,

Heard of his accident, but Joe/Feroz didn't know the extent of the injury. Very disturbing to hear that he broke his neck. Understand he is out of commission for at least 6months, but probably more...

My best wishes and hope he has a speedy recovery as possible.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:22 AM

hannu

Hannu mate

we wish him a speedy recovery and the best nursing he can find
really sorry to hear about the accident and am sure all the sbr want to see him back and on the pace at sepang

best of luck

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:21 PM

Yikes. I am shocked to hear about this Hannu- take it slow and steady and I hope for your full recovery.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Pass on Regards

Heard about this too but wasn't aware of the extent of injuries.

Please pass on my regards to him BC.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 01:59 AM

Don't try this at home...

Big thanks for your regards! Have been lurking in here past couple of weeks that have been discharged from the hospital.

6 weeks ago Was heading to race track to do the first trackday in this country. Agreed with my friend that pace will be within the speed limit 90-100km/h which was a big mistake. Have to keep the pace +20-30km/h more than other traffic. Truck was left side of me for a while and suddenly change the lane and I guess was thinking something else and didn't pay attention until it was too late. Truck hit me slightly but enough to make me fall. Sliding with my bike on a tarmac all the time, no obstacles, but I guess dropping caused my neck injury. Lucky me I was wearing full leathers with back protector so other injuries were minimal.

At nearest hospital they didn't noticed that my neck is broken even they took plenty of X-rays! My friend arrange me to another hospital where they discover that 3 vertebras has been broken. 2 of those will be ok after few more weeks but as BC mentioned the 3rd one need to be operated when C1 and C2 is ok. It takes at least 12 weeks more to get it back in shape but don't know how long does it take to make it move as before.

I try to be back in the grid but cannot be sure how long does it take and am I able to keep up the same pace anymore. Anyway before that will be watching your results and hopefully be able to visit Sepang latest during motogp weekend.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 01:36 PM

Best wishes from me Hannu

Just caught up with this after travelling for the last two weeks. Sounds like you had a very close encounter and am relieved to hear you reckon you'll be back in the saddle sometime.

1-4 The Road
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 07:56 PM

yikes

Blimey - Sorry to hear about that Hannu. All the best for a speedy recovery

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 08:00 PM

?

By the way, Is Nokia a country these days?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:14 PM

As far as I know not yet country but it has been city quite a long time though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode