Traction control or BS?? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 06:20 PM

Re: Re: not sure

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
With 32 bit ECU's the speed of the system will be more than enough to cope with the adjustments, lets face it its gonna be faster than a rider can work it out and it was fast enough for 1000hp F1 cars.
The next issue is anti wheelie control, I kid you not.
Link the wheel sensors or tilt switch to an ABS unit and your away. The worst part about all of this is it very quickly becomes less about the rider and more about the technology. Imagine a bike with Traction control, wheelie control and ABS, no skill required and Moto GP is transformed into two wheel multi million pound shopping trolley racing. I think Suzuki are already playing with this kind of jiggery pokerry.
However you look at it, it will reduce the fun and skill.
The system can only react to something thats already happend.
( Unless they try to predict it which is nigh on impossible) If they apply a PI closed loop control theory they will compensate for being late ( the tyres slipping) by over "reacting" intially ( the same amount of time as they think they're late) and then limiting to stop spin! Just don't see it working!

You can't highside an car F1 Tug ya knob

And there's this.
The whole slide thing makes em faster. If they know they can rear wheel steer out of a corner it means they can go in hotter and not run wide. If they can't rear wheel steer they will have to go in slower in order to hold a traditional line!
It's the only thing Rossi gets wrong ( Quatar '04). If he can't rear wheel steer enough he runs wide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 06:59 PM

Quote:
[i]They might not only sound more like a duke MSS, they'll beat them so bad they'll won't bother turning up [/B]
You mean the Superbikes or the MotoGP bikes? I would be very surprised if Ducati don't have a V4 Desmosedici on the SBK grids for next year signalling the end of the racing twin. And I doubt they will get beaten that badly- witness MotoGP.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Is a four cylinder Ducati really a Ducati though???

They'd better do something in SBK otherwise the 4's will simply run away with their cup

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 06:33 PM

I wish

Dear fossil fuel sports God. I wish that races were down to rider talent and machine.

Sorry MSS37 but i think you'll have to agree, that it's down to money and not really anything to do with technology anymore.
The team that can pay the best rider on the best bike will win.

Honda have only been really interested in Moto GP's. OK they threw some change at Edwards in SBK.
Now the privateer Ten Kate is whooping the Ducs more often than not in the SBK last year and in the Super sports, with minimal factory support. The Honda machines have moved to the next level and left the other behind.

I can't see the dukes getting anywhere in the MotoGP. Ok they will definately be contenders but it's just too damn important for Honda and Yamaha to let a bunch o wops nail em!
Can;t wait for the start of the season
Cheers

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
Is a four cylinder Ducati really a Ducati though???
Good question but I'd have to say yes. I would imagine the V4 (no other current sportbike has a v-4 except the VFR which isn't really a sportbike) with a big bang configuration will be very much like a twin, just able to rev much higher with less risk of blowing up. That has to be good. Mind you at the price of the RR right now Euro50k if I remember correctly, there aren't going to be too many of them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
They'd better do something in SBK otherwise the 4's will simply run away with their cup
Interesting to watch that one but do bear in mind that Toseland had some problems in Losail but still ended up posting the fastest lap. Still early days but I must say that my money isn't heavily on the Ducs winning this year. But I doubt that anyone will run away with the cup- the talent pool is too deep this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
Sorry MSS37 but i think you'll have to agree, that it's down to money and not really anything to do with technology anymore.
The team that can pay the best rider on the best bike will win.
Can't disagree, but technology costs money, so...

But it will be a shame if there are no more twins on the grids because of race rules which don't give any advantages to them.

I think that 750cc I4s vs 1000cc 2s was obviously not a fair contest, but if the 4s were given 800cc, it might have made a difference. The question is moot right now and the only thing that Flamini can do is to allow 1150cc twins agains 1000cc 4s but again I don't think this will help cause having bigger pistons is only going to reduce the max revs available.

Sad to see the end of the twins.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MSS37

Sad to see the end of the twins.

I couldn't agree more!
Mind you!, i still cry everytime Lassie gets it!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 03:39 PM

Twins vrs I4's or a Big Bang

Quote:
i still cry everytime Lassie gets it!
Back on the big bang theory now BP ?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Tug

Woof

Quote:
I couldn't agree more!
Mind you!, i still cry everytime Lassie gets it!
And Little house on the Prarie
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Geeze you guys!!!!! Now I know a lot more than I did just a few minutes ago! I think I broke a sweat. Anyway..... sounds like the The V motors "coast" a little longer keeping the wheel from spinning up...
I think.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode