Black armband day - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Black armband day

All,

After nearly a year in Sunny Australia, there is an outside chance that the Chumleys are on the move again.. Destination as yet unknown.

AS the move may be at incredibly short notice, the Ducati has had to go as, similarly to Will, any move out of here will mean excessive bike transportation costs.

It was fun, a real experience and all I can say is thank fark none of you blokes bought her as I'd hate to see her be unfaithful.

Oh and with Aussie bike prices being as high as they are, (and with the currrency exchange being what it is) I sold it for more than I paid for it brand new!

Don't worry Dave - If we stay, I'll be down to PI quicker than you can believe... Looking to borrow yer bike!

Will keep you boys posted, but there is a chance that I may be back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 05:14 PM

Black Armband

Mush,

Sounds like your company maybe "consolidating activities" ... hope you're all okay.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 06:38 PM

It hot down here!!!

No worries about you coming down without your bike Chum....... just make sure you bring your two piece bikini and an umbrella to look after me on the grid

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 PM

Re: It hot down here!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
No worries about you coming down without your bike Chum....... just make sure you bring your two piece bikini and an umbrella to look after me on the grid
Fark ooorf GD ..just the thought of of Chum in anything other than rugby shirt and jeans is enough to upset even the hardest man.

Well seen as how you aint got no bike you might as well do this,

x box

What a top idea...get the bird hammered in the bar..throw her in bed and spend all night playin x-box and ringing room service.

MOTO GP 3 out soon ..you gotta have one!

Of course it'll be nothing to all you hardened racers but for the rest of us it's a great laugh
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:19 PM

Hey Chum,
Before you consider wearing that bikini you might want to take up this training program: Another waste of time

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

XBOX me up!

Great vid Nils... Fakkin nutter.... love the McDonalds bit

Love the sound of the xbox weekend too BP- but I'll be buggered if I'm flying up with the missus for that...

And as much as I hate to admit it - you are right BP rugby shirts and jeans are here to stay. And GD, what were you thinking? Me in a 2 piece bikini? it'd just about cover my left nipple!

Anyway, the bloke who bought the bike turned up to pick it up on Sunday, armed with Ute, trailer, his Mum, a whole bunch of ropes and tie downs, but no sign of a friggin ramp. So one broken bellypan later, the bike is on the trailer.

"Are you sure those ropes are tight enough?" I asked

(In an Aussie drawl) "Yeah, mate - been doing this sort of thing for a long time...."

300 yards down the road, the guy turns left and the bike falls over. Nice...

Fakkin amateurs...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 05:00 PM

U Knobs

Haha - so Chum this guy pays you top dollar for a dodgy grey imported Duke only to tear the belly pan off then leave it bouncing around in his ute all the way home

So how are coping with the adjustment to the family scooter then???

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Coping?

Well, the scooter option isn't the most desirable mode of transport, but, I fear, the best option until I have any firm news on where my future lie.

That said, I don't think Yvonne would mind if i did a little tinkering with the Vespa... A new end can (a Coke one will probably work), a couple of extra psi in the tyres (at least 20 more in each) and a set of EBC's for the front should see her right...

Might need some new sliders...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode