Track Tuition - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Track Tuition

As per the meeitng last night, the track tuition thingy is a go!

Will all members taking part, please e-mail with the following:

1) What day between 21st & 25th you would like your time with the instructor.
2) Morning or afternoon.
3) You want one-on-one or team up with another SBR rider?
4) Do you want tyres, need to know by next week to take advantage of end of stock pricing offered.

Once I get everyones e-mail I will try and post a tentative schedule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Track Tuition
As per the Extra-ordinary meeting held on 26th January 2005, track tuition sessions with Cameron Donald will be taking place from 21st - 25th Feb 2005 at the Johor Circuit Pasir Gudang.

Two Individual sessions will be held on each day, (except Friday 25th as the track will be closed from 12:00pm onwards).

Morning sessions will run from (Mon-Thurs 10:00am to 1:00pm), (Fri 9am to 12:00pm) and afternoon sessions 2:00pm to 5:00pm. During the session you will be allowed 2 x 1hr track slots with interim time for theory and discussion. In either case we advise you to turn up at least 30mins before your allotted time to ensure you have enough time to prepare.

Please note that the track is not exclusively hired by SBR. There maybe other riders on track and if cars show up you may have to alternate with them. We have spoken to the Johor Circuit and they will try and control the track to our favour but within realistic limitations. Please work out your slots with them when you arrive.

If for reasons of bad weather or track unavailability you don’t get both 1hr sessions in you allotted time day we ask that you try and work out a slot with another rider that week. We trust that participating members will be flexible in this respect.

You will be expected to pay for:
a) Track hire for your bike & Cameron’s
b) Your Own Fuel + 1 Tank of fuel for Cameron’s bike
c) Your Own Food & Drink
d) Your Own tyres, motorcycle, medical & travel expenses

Allotted Sessions
The current membership has been given fair warning of the event and we have asked all potential participants to advise us of the most suitable time slots for them during the training week.

With the responses we have received to date this is the current calendar. If your name is not here or the allotted slot no longer suits you, please advise us before Wednesday 16th February 2005. We will try and work alternates if possible and convenient with other members.

MON-21st
AM (10am to 1pm) Damir.S
PM (2pm to 5pm) Garreth .W

TUE-22nd
AM (10am to 1pm) Trevor.S
PM (2pm to 5pm) Andrew.B

WED-23rd
AM (10am to 1pm) Nils.U
PM (2pm to 5pm) Carl.N

THR-24th
AM (10am to 1pm) Alex.H
PM (2pm to 5pm) Mark.R

FRI-25th
AM (9am to 12pm) Enrique.K

Disclaimer
As per the disclaimer signed by all members at the beginning of each year, Sports Bike Riders Club (Singapore) will not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage suffered while participating in this event.

No Show
If you confirm your slot and do not give us at least 1 days notice of cancellation you will be fined S$150.
(BP & a very convincing bouncer we know will pay you a visit...believe me you'll pay!)

Please e-mail me to confirm and give me your current mobile number. If you don't by Wednesday 16th Feb you loose your slot.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 AM

Thanks Andy

I cannot access my e-mail right now, but my allotted time slot looks good to me. If okay, will therefore confirm here.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Re: Thanks Andy

Quote:
Originally posted by Silva Bullet
I cannot access my e-mail right now, but my allotted time slot looks good to me. If okay, will therefore confirm here.
OK
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 08:30 AM

And seen as

how everybody is so content with your excellent organisational skills i have to stick up for the non track participants and say how disgracefull it is you spending all the clubs money on a track when we could have quite easily given it all to the bank in ridiculas charges for the next 10 years. Extra suasages at the BBQ for all the non riding members

Oh and an extra go in the step scooter jumping the pool competition ( yes the one that BC did hsi collar bone in on)

In fact 2 extra goes for Legend
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 07:53 PM

Thanks to Cameron

I'd like to be the first to praise Cameron Donald for a truly excellent morning yesterday at Pasir Gudang. Cameron's race record speaks for itself yet he makes every effort to help even the merest amateur like myself. Approachable, patient, generous and delivering very actionable criticism, training and advice - what more can I say.

Thanks a million Cameron.

1-4 The Road
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Re: Thanks to Cameron

Quote:
Originally posted by 1-4 The Road
..... Approachable, patient, generous and delivering very actionable criticism, training and advice - what more can I say....
Yup .. a truely great guy ... one of a kind ... and most definitely NOT like your average SBR member.

Can you imagine someone saying that about BP, Tuggy ... or Boycie for that matter??

Arf
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 12:58 AM

Re: Thanks to Cameron

Quote:
Originally posted by 1-4 The Road
what more can I say.

Thanks a million Cameron.
What about ....thanks a million to Boycie and BC for organising Cameron and the track and a bike for him!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 02:49 PM

So how?

Someone should have wound up SBR ages ago...... Seems to be more going on now that ever before

And I'm more than interested in coming over on a similar deal to Cameron, just let me know what bike I'll get and have the tyre warmers ready

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode