Bayliss & Barros camel smokers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Bayliss & Barros camel smokers

Bombshell: Bayliss Gets Honda Ride!
(from http://www.superbikeplanet.com)

Monday, November 22, 2004

Camel Honda announces 2005 line-up Troy Bayliss and Alex Barros to ride the yellow RC211Vs

The Camel Honda team announced its rider line-up today for the 2005 MotoGP World Championship.

The Camel Honda team, led by former double-World Champion Sito Pons, finished third in the 2004 Team Championship and for the forthcoming season welcomes into its ranks two new riders: Brazilian Alex Barros and Australian Troy Bayliss.

With the incorporation of these two highly experienced and successful riders, the Camel Honda team will look to consolidate its position over recent years as one of the top teams in the championship and make a concerted effort to win the World Title. Both riders will be riding the yellow Camel Honda RC211Vs on Michelin tires.

Troy Bayliss, World Superbike Champion in 2001, joins the Honda family after two years competing in the MotoGP World Championship with Ducati. The Australian from Taree has scored 4 MotoGP podium finishes in that time, although a maiden MotoGP victory has so far eluded him. His aggressive style and personable nature has made Troy an extremely popular rider both inside and outside the circuits and he enjoys a massive following around the world. Troy will be assisted by Santiago Mulero, Head Technician and Ramón Aurín, Telemetry Engineer.

Alex Barros makes a welcome return to the team led by Sito Pons. Alex rode for four seasons with the Honda Pons team from 1999 to 2002, during which time he won 5 Gps and scored 14 podium finishes. He is one of the most experienced riders in the paddock, with over 240 Gps to his name, and he will be looking to call upon his wealth of experience and knowledge in his quest for the 2005 World Title. Alex will continue to work alongside Ramón Forcada, his Head Technician for the 2004 season, and with whom he worked throughout his previous time with the Honda Pons team, and Lluis Lleonart, his Telemetry Engineer.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:25 PM

You what

Have they gone mad... he's crap..( sorry Dave but he is) farkin Bayliss is hopeless. In my usual all mouth and trousers style anybody want a bet on him not finishing in the top 3 by the end of next season. What a waste of a good ride. Not happy !!!! Not happy at all

ANd here endeth todays rant..Thank you

Last edited by bigphil; 11-22-2004 at 11:48 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:26 PM

And

whats baggy and tomato up to then

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Tug

Thumbs up Ill take that bet

Baggy I can understand but tomato could have come good at some point.
So where have they gone, Baggy for Duc ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

You must be joking BP

Bayliss on a decent bike will give them all a run for their money - didn't you watch the superbike champs in 2001 - or the BSB a few years earlier

The Empereur has nabbed a spot at team Repsol Honda (I personally think he's past it) and Tomata is rumoured to have a loan Honda on Michelins, not sure what colour??

I can't get over Charlie Chucker heading over to team up with Lorry and team red changing to Bridgestones..... Would have rather seen someone from the 250 class like Elias or someone

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 11:52 PM

Dunno Dave ...i reckon Chugga's riding style might be just what the duc needs. He's gotta be one of the smoothest riders around. If he can just get all the power down Should be fun to watch. Baggy's going to have people all over him. and i agree he's past it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 01:11 AM

Eye of the Tiger

I 'll have a punt on Bayliss.

Biaggi's biggest problem is that he doesn't believe in himself any more. Sure he's a great rider to mix it in the top 6, but his Championship days are over.

I hope Bayliss can get to grips with the speed and power of Honda because he still has the will to win.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 02:08 PM

Bayliss is an Aussie .... so by rights he should be a complete caaaant ......

Still ... the lads seems to always be smiling .. which is a rarity with top sports people today .... fark .. they all walk about like it's a real farkin job of sumthin !! ..... farkin caaants ...

Same goes for you lot ... caaants ...

C .A. A. N. T. S. .... caants.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

More like it....

Go Troy......

Unofficial lap times from Jerez test:

1. Sete Gibernau (Esp/Honda) 1’40”500

2. Troy Baylis (USA/Honda) 1'40"739

3. Makoto Tamada (Jap/Honda) 1’41”528

4. Nicky Hayden (USA/Honda) 1’41”541

5. Marco Melandri (Ita/Honda) 1’42”240

6. Tohru Ukawa (Jap/Honda) 1’45”199

7. Kurtis Roberts (USA/Proton) 1’52”097

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode