Sportbike World banner

Breaking News: Motogp Support Race

825 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Silva Bullet 
#1 ·
Have just had confirmation as follows....

1) Races will be as follows :-

Race one : Saturday after qualifiying has finished
Race two : Sunday morning before the 125 warm up

2) The Grid

Two things to note

a) There will be a single field with 600 supersport,
open supersport and superbikes all on one grid

b) The 600 series will include an open classification that
enables pro riders into the race. They will not be
eligible for regular points and prizes however.

This means that the likes of Cameron Donald are eligible to ride a 600 but cannot ride a superbike.

So... this really is gonna be the wacky races and bound to attract comment from various corners.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Shirley Knot????

Last meeting there were 21 bikes in the 600cc race. There were around 26 bikes in the 1000cc class. Add the sprinkling of pro,semi-pro, half-fat, semi-skimmed, turbo-nutter, team Fandago's and were looking at 55+ bikes on the grid!

(Not forgetting Lady Slash on the circuit lawnmower & the Cresent BMX mini-me's)

I may be, as usual, totally wrong but I seem to remember the 'official' maximum number of bikes allowed for any race was 36 or something approaching that number.

55 bikes...Shirley knot!

The crash at turn 1 was brought to you by 'Pan Handle' Insurance group and the letter 'Ouch'.

#5 · (Edited)
For the half circuits (North/South halfs) it is around 30 bikes max. For the full circuit it is a limit of 58 bikes.
Even so, think it is going to be packed.
Yes, Cameron is definitely wanting to make an entry. Phil, he is looking for a bike to run on... Anyway, just a thought.
On second thought, Cameron can only compete on a 600cc bike anyway.

Here are the "Additional Supplementary Regulations" and Timetable for the weekend:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.