Scot Walker - Anyone know him? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Scot Walker - Anyone know him?

Got to find myself a good place to get the Duc serviced etc - and the Ducati dealer here is frikkin miles away and totally shite. Been recommended to use Scott Walker, and someone said that he knows a few of the SBR guys in Singers... He is also apparently a good mate of Joe's.. Can anyone shed any light on the subject??

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 07:46 PM

Yeah

I've met him a couple of times at Joe's ( Minerva at the time) but that was a long time ago.
He's definately well clued up on the Duc's. He used to help me and Simon out a lot.
If i remember rightly he did quite a bit of training in Italy and has spannered for some top guys in Oz.

Have you seen the specs on the new 999. 10 more horses and 6 or so kilos less. If you hold a shell to your ear you can hear Legend sobbing!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:41 PM

Re: Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
..... 10 more horses and 6 or so kilos less. If you hold a shell to your ear you can hear Legend sobbing!
Ahh ... how the 'aged' forget things so easily ...

Like the infamous R1 ... I also managed to put the pressure on Mary at Minerva and got her to pull a few strings ....

Mine is actually a 2005 spec 999RSR with the magnesium frame, titanium pistons, platinum coated bores and fitted with the official 'factory' big bore kit taking it to 1149cc's and putting out a claimed 165 rear wheel hp for a dry weight of ..... 169.5 kg's....

A truely Legendary bike it is ....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Well,

Quote:
Mine is actually a 2005 spec 999RSR with the magnesium frame, titanium pistons, platinum coated bores and fitted with the official 'factory' big bore kit taking it to 1149cc's and putting out a claimed 165 rear wheel hp for a dry weight of ..... 169.5 kg's....
All that internal shite makes fek all difference when you bin it Ledge
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:54 PM

Re: Re: Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
Sadly it would still get smoked at the track by almost any fool on a half as expensive Suzi or R1

Have to say, there is nothing like passing brand new $40k Aprillia's and Ducati's on my three year old piece of jap crap

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 09:18 PM

Cheeky

Quote:
Ahh ... how the 'aged' forget things so easily ...
Heh! theres fark all wrong with my mind ya Kiwi git. Sounds more like your mind is as confused as yer ego

SO when's the next stag do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode