French tourist on big bike killed in crash - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

French tourist on big bike killed in crash

KUANTAN: A French tourist was killed when his high-powered motorcycle skidded and crashed at the 73rd kilometre of the road linking Kuala Lipis and Merapoh on Sunday.

Delenda Antoine, 40, died on the spot from severe head injuries.

Pahang Traffic Police Chief Supt Baharuddin Sarbaini said the victim and four of his colleagues were riding from Gua Musang to Kuala Lipis.

He said police were trying to contact the victim’s wife to claim the body. – Bernama

My condolences to his family. Btw, he's a Singaporean businessman. Anyone know what bike he rides? One of our local newspaper said it was a Honda.

Last edited by Fireblade74; 08-09-2004 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 11:14 PM

Just seen this now.

Antoine worked for Michelin here in Singapore and has a wife and 4 or 5 children... believe they are on annual vacation back in France.

He used to have a Fazer 1000 but traded this in for an R1 which he had custom painted in Michelin yellow colours.

Personally, I didn't know him so well, but he worked very close to my office on Shenton way and we bump into each other once in a while. I know he used to do a large number of kilometres touring around Malaysia and as far a field as Thailand.

Terrible.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 06:01 PM

bloody hell

didn;t know him but saw the guy ragging throu traffic on Orchard just 2 weeks ago. Very sad

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 06:30 PM

I was talking to a friend of mine whose boyfriend went on the trip. This was a trip i was asked to go on however i declined since i had had enough of ridding bikes after round 4.

Antoine had organised the trip himself since he knew the area and roads so well. Apparently he was chasing / catching up the lead bike when he lost it and hit a barrier. No other cars or bikes involved.

Ravi was first on the scene however there was nothing he could do. He either died instantly or very quickly from very severe head injuries.

I think i was talking to Boycie about 3 weeks ago about the "sensible" new wire rope central reservation barriers they are putting up everywhere. These are even more dangerous than the older style with vertical posts. Not a nice thought!

Go easy fellaz!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM

I never knew him but my colleagues did. He was indeed head of marketing for Michelin Asia-Pacific. The family has four kids and were about to relocate back to France.

1-4 The Road
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Tug

Very sad

Antoine was nice guy who used to turn up for Superbikes at Mollies and once came to a track day at Shah Alam on his Fazer. He was never really interested in track riding that much but I think he did a couple of sessions on the R1 at PG. I know he was devoted to his kids and wife who must be going through hell right now. Our thoughts are with them.

Last edited by Tug; 08-15-2004 at 08:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode