Sportbike World banner

MSS Round 3

4K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  yellow peril 
#1 ·
I guess the usual suspects are going up - SB, YP, Slasher, BC, Hannu, BBQ ...?

I'm on the scrounge: I saved a pair of Pirellis from the old bike and need to get them up there to trade in. Yes, could fit them just for the ride up but if anyone has room in the car I'd be grateful. (No way of fitting a pack rack to the K4.)

#5 ·
No, real alcohol, though it's hard to get YP and several others to drink at all on a Saturday night - too fixated on the next day's races.

As for going slower, BBQ has lain down the gauntlet:

Trevor mate, you will never get past me again into turn 1. New bike? Phahh, Shew shike!!!!!!!
I say we get each side of him off the grid and manoeuvre him into Captain Crash.

NOW ABOUT THOSE TYRES!!!

#12 ·
Unfortunately my schedule has just been changed and I am flying on the Sunday afternoon, so I wouldn't be able to take part in the fun over the weekend.
I have booked a room at Concord and will appreciate if someone can take it instead of me, so they woudn't charge me for late cancelation.

I'll be back in Sin on Friday morning and interested parties can call me on my mobile 96923424

Have fun

#13 ·
with you in spirit, lads

I'll be tuning in to MSS 3 and be with you guys in sprit - Have a great weekend and stay on the grey stuff. Dont forget to post the race report!

I have finally repared the trusty Duc from the move damage and cleared my paperwork for a first track outing in Croix en Ternois (Le Touquet / Lille) so things are looking up. - We are even getting a bit of Singapore weather here this week.

good luck all - Nick

#21 ·

Ahhh – Round 4

After not being able to make by bike go any faster than a 2.32 on the full circuit I resorted to throwing some green at it – Job done!!!!!!!! :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

I was thoroughly disappointed after qualifying on Saturday after I put in (what I thought was a blisteringly quick) 1.14. Still almost last in the Novice group!!!:confused: :confused:

Moral was at an all time low in the SBR camp. This was predominately due to the absence of Legend and his confidence filling 1.19’s. :twofinger

Race 1 start for me was a little poor however I did get ahead of Milton and stayed there – Just! Was a bit of a procession however I finished second behind # 85 – 954 chap. Carl had been on the coffee all night and was buzzin – his nervous twitch on the start set the whole grid rolling and a few jump starts were awarded – however not to Carl!

Race 2 for me was the best fun I have ever had on a bike. After about the first 3 laps once everyone had sorted themselves out Milton, myself and # 85 developed a hugely aggressive 3 way tussle for the next 12 laps. We all had the lead at some stage and I think must have passed each other going on 10 times. The last lap was fr….fr…..fr….frightening!!!!! Unfortunately Trevor found himself between us. # 85 had 1st by 2m, followed by me then Milton. Running wide into turn 1 Milton got the better of me, hot on his tail through 3 I passed him down the straight and under brakes into turn 4, Trevor was amongst us by this time, coming into turn 6 Milton tried the sketchy manoeuvre up the inside, of course I closed the door on him, I think Trevor was tucked into my armpit somewhere too. There was contact between Milton and Trevor and then me and Milton- he hit me up the chuff with his front tyre. Little bit of a slide from me, Milton managed to hold it together but was not in a position to challenge second place after that one.

I also put in a few 1.13's so i can nearly say i am faster than Boycie, gonna buy his bike, take the brakes off and put in a 1.12!!!::twofinger

Round 4

Race 1 - Second
Race 2 - Second

Will Woodhead – Bloody Chuffed!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumb:

#26 · (Edited)
SuperSport Race report

After an enjoyable ride with BC in his family-bus up to Sepang from Singapore on Friday, we arrived there around 3.30pm and got down to business. The practice was good and after doing some laps with one of the other SuperSport riders I got down to the lap times (1:14.2) I did for last race qualifying.

Saturday the track was slightly damp in some places which upset some of the guys. I did 9 less than confidence inspiring laps and managed only a 1:17.3 in the practice. However, I was also trying to conserve the little that was left of my tyres for Qualifying. That went better, but still I only managed a 1:14.6. That placed me 9th on the grid for the 1st race. I wasn't very pleased after having qualified 5th last round...

Come race 1 on Sunday I had a bad start, and was boxed out of turn 1 by a couple of riders coming with some late braking maneuvers on the inside of me. However, I managed to get past these before the 1st lap had completed. The race from my side developed quite nicely and I managed to pass the guys that had qualified just in front of me. By the time I'd reached 5th place, the 4 front runners were about 3 quarters of the straight away. I was reasonably pleased with myself knowing that I'd equaled my result from last round and was satisfied with consolidating that.

Race 2 was extremely eventful for me, and also for the spectators I would think. Personally, I had an absolutely appalling start from my 5th place on the grid. A couple of the riders on the 1st row were twitching at the start and made me take my eyes of the lights. When I looked back up, the lights were out and I was standing still!! I tried to make the best of it, but I had something like 5 or 6 riders passing me before I reached the 1st corner. I managed to outbreak 1 or 2 of them there and took a couple more through the first lap; which by the end of I was 8th.
At the front 7 riders were stringed out but in touch of each other. Within a couple of laps I managed to bridge the gap to this group and started picking them off one after the other. This was helped by the front runners slowing each other down with different overtaking maneuvers. As I reached 4th, Poul Erik took the lead and started to extend it over the next couple of laps. He had worked up a 30-40m gap when he low-sided into turn 7. Then over the next 2 laps I managed to reach the lead.

I couldn't believe I was in the lead for the first time, and promptly slowed down in order not crash as I started to think about other things than racing. As luck would have it, at this point of the race we were coming up on the back markers. I somehow managed to get them between me and Armand, who was riding in second place, at a couple of strategic places. Coming onto the start/finish straight and seeing the checkered flag was definitely the best moment of my racing career.:D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.