Almost as cool as Legend's Motoworld debacle - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Almost as cool as Legend's Motoworld debacle

Ahhhh, Iíve just had the funniest journey into work. Thought I would ride my scrambler into work since it is dress down day and it is always a little troublesome to start and I tend to break into a sweat. As thought, it was an absolute bitch to start and about 15 minutes of exercise kick starting it, it eventually was running.

As I came into the CBD it stalled, right in the middle of a busy intersection and the lights were just about to go green, of course it didnít start and about 3 cycles of lights later I was getting a little hot and bothered. Okay picture this, me right in the middle of the intersection swearing and cursing on my tod, something would not have looked right viewed from a distance.

I eventually put the side stand down and was standing on both pegs kick starting it, it suddenly fired and I accidentally dropped the clutch which of course made it roll forward and off the side stand, next thing I know Iím spread-eagled in the middle of this intersection with my bike on its side (not running) and all these people running over to help me. I didnít get up straight away since I was trying to collect my thoughts and calm myself. All these people were incredibly worried. I thought they were coming over to have a good laugh at me.

Anyway once I had finally got myself together and got it started I saw the funny side quite quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 10:42 PM

What a complete and utter idiot .... thankfully the XR does not qualify as a sportbike .... so sell the R1 and get the fark out off this forum .... you Looo Looo oooo ooo ser !!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 10:58 PM

The clutch is the one on the left!!

The ultimate pot calling the kettle going on here or what....

Nice tale, though I think I would have tried to crawl under the trailie until no one was looking

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

FARK..........................OUFFFFF!!!!!

Legend

Let me set a few things straight since I sense some confusion.

Firstly, I rekon I could ride my XR round Sepang and quite easily put a Sub Legend time even before breakfast!

Secondly, my attire I choose to wear on said bike is approaching acceptable which is more than can be said for the state your turned up at the ECP shopping centre last Thursday. Some scabby bottom half of a suit and a black smeg stained T shirt is not really aligned with the image you try and portray on the R1. (did I say Thursday, I meant eerrrrr sat-ur-day?). Did i say ECP????

Thirdly Ė Youíre the FARKIN LOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 02:48 AM

TOY STORY II

Hey woody,

Well shit happens. On those Xr's you've got one kick to get it going and that failing you gotta get to the side of the road pronto to sort yourself out.

Still not as bad as my tale of woe with the Fazer... I'd only had it 5 minutes before I dropped it.

BTW does anyone else think that David Coulthard looks like Buzz Lightyear?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 11:37 PM

Roger ramjet ??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:14 PM

Oi Oi

Quote:
Still not as bad as my tale of woe with the Fazer... I'd only had it 5 minutes before I dropped it.
or as bad as my mate, who after (allegedly) putting the side stand down, leant the bike to the left and started to get off when he realised that he hadn't in fact put the sidestand down.... the resulting crash broke an indicator and scuffed the fairing, as well as damaging an ego.

The passers by helped picked the bike up, and when he jumped on again, promptly lost balance and threw it down on its right side, resulting in yet another broken indicator and a scuffed fairing. All outside Molly's. Top work fella!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode