MSS Issues - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

MSS Issues

Your thoughts gentlemen?

Got this off Singaporebikes.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS A LETTER WRITTEN BY ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS WHO LODGE A COMPLAINT TO S'PORE MOTOR SPORTS ASSC.

Dear Sir,

Re:Opposition to Verbal Regulations and Rider Ban by SIC for Pirelli Championships-Malaysian Superseries.

With reference to the above mentioned race series, we would like to highlight to you an experience that we have encountered last weekend at Sepang. The 1st matter is that of tire usage. It was not stated in the SR or ASR of any 1 tire policy for Races 1& 2 however the COC Jeff Amin insisted that it was said in the rider’s briefing. We do not agree to this as it is not in specified anywhere in the official regulations and many riders including us did not hear about the above mentioned “verbal” regulations. Most of us since were not aware of that and kept on using the tires which we used for free practice qualifying and Race 1.By Race 2 the tires have been worn out. This raises another concern like safety not only for the rider but others as well in the sense that the rider has a higher chance of crashing due to tires inability to perform and thus endangering other riders as well as increasing the chance of the track being viable to oil spillages .etc.
The 2nd issue is a verbal ban issued by Jeff Amin to our SMSA rider Matt Patterson based on his experience racing in the FIM Asian GP in 1995 which was 8 years ago! This is absolutely a non credible reason at all and not even stated in the SR which I attach with this letter. How is it possible for a rider to be banned when he is fast? Besides this there are a lot of other riders that are racing in the FIM Asian GP barely 2-3 years ago and now still racing in the series who are also competing in this such as Kenny Lee, Rod Scott and Ahmad Fuad Baharudin etc. This can be confirmed with Mr. Ron Hogg from Two Wheels Sdn Bhd the organizers for AARC. An excerpt from the Malaysian Superseries websites says in its aims for the series,

“Promote healthier values & professinalsm in motorsports.
Expand races regionally.
Establish an infrastructure for professional training and evolution programs to produce world class racers
Influnce changes in policies and regulations for motorsports advancement”

-History,Malaysian Superseries Website

This is absolute bullshit! Jeff Amin also requested that Matt ask everyone for their signature to say he is allowed to race is absolutely not right. I mean, if that was the way it worked in every level of racing, or sport then Valentino Rossi would be stopped from riding in MotoGP, Schumacher would have to stop F1 and Manchester United would have to stop playing football. All because they're better than the rest. What an invalid argument. Maybe they do not want the Championship to be anything other than a few Malaysians wobbling around. Strange. Imagine if they banned foreign riders from riding in the British Superbikes. It will go from being the best National Championship in the world, to just a local race with local guys. No TV, no exposure and no money. The organisers are wrong and their arguments are pathetic. Their made up on the sport regulations are going to kill the sport we love. No wonder they do not have any riders in GP's because they do not want to let the Championship grow.
I hope SMSA will officially follow up on this and have a written reply instead of all “verbal” instructions and replies. This will be a demand to SIC otherwise we hope SMSA will go to higher level. Thank you.

Regards,

Anour Ramli
Manager
One Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Tug

Talking Nice grasp of the english language

Can’t say Id disagree with some of the points mentioned, the way the MSS is run in terms of regulations is bound to cause problems.
The idea of disallowing a rider because he used to be involved in professional racing is a joke. It’s about time that the technical regulations were enforced so that instead of trying to ban a talented rider they would disallow bikes with hot cams and slipper clutches. No room for cheats even if they don’t have the talent to ride em properly.

"Imagine if they banned foreign riders from riding in the British Superbikes. It will go from being the best National Championship in the world, to just a local race with local guys."
Hmmm, Happy to see foreign riders taking part but when was the last time one of them finished first? Think BSB is safe even without the participation of Singapore or Malaysia

Last edited by Tug; 06-07-2004 at 06:47 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:09 PM

What a longwinded letter- a few of sentences would have sufficed:

Section 5 of your Supplimentary Regulations state:

Quote:
ELIGIBLE COMPETITORS
a. Competitors in possession of a valid license for Road Racing issued byAAM/SMSA/IMI.

b. The organisers reserved the right to select entries on the basis of genuine Novice license holders at their discretion.
Kindly demonstrate where in the Rules and Regs the competitor (eg Matt Patterson) does not comply. Also please elaborate on Section 5b- does this apply to all competitors or only those entering the Novice Class?

Quote:
7.5 Only road legal tyres are permitted.
Nowhere in your Rules and Regulations does it state that competitors must run regulation tyres.

Please clarify to ensure that your written and verbal regulations are consistent.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:14 PM

I have also posted this on the "other" forum since it is relevant. Thanks for the heads-up WOLVERINE II.

Anyone know who this Anour Ramli is and if he actually did write the letter. Also on whose behalf is he writing?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/...howtopic=42651

Well...this is the link to the ongoing discussion that some of the fellas are talking about....

Apparently, if you read...some of them are actually participants or former competitors of some form of race....
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 10:32 PM

Yeah cheers Wolverine, I've been lurking in that Forum too found it once you pointed it out. Is the bullit replying there our own Bullet?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MSS37
Yeah cheers Wolverine, I've been lurking in that Forum too found it once you pointed it out. Is the bullit replying there our own Bullet?
Guilty

Quote:
Originally posted by MSS37
I have also posted this on the "other" forum since it is relevant. Thanks for the heads-up WOLVERINE II.
Johan, which other forum did you post this at?

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

Last edited by Silva Bullet; 06-07-2004 at 10:56 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:05 PM

msportbike.com

Where else?

Thought it was you- cohesive sentences and decent grammar etc.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 03:35 AM

I POSTED THIS IN SINGAPOREBIKE

My name is Gareth Williams and I would like to put a couple of things into context.

First off, we need to be grateful to Sepang in providing the sports bike community with a properly organised racing calender in the form of the Malaysian Super Series. I think we should all spend a little more time celebrating our good fortune in having a world class facility so close to hand rather than finding fault at every available opportunity.

It is great to see a rising level of interest from the Singaporean corner and I hope that this trend will continue. SIC have always made it clear that there is an open invitation for SMSA riders to be included but the uptake to date has been limited, and I think its fair to say that much of this is the fault of the SMSA that has neither encouraged participation from within or sought closer dialogue with Sepang.

Tunku Johan makes a valid point about a "them and us" situation. I echo his sentiments and would like to see everyone resist the temptation to go down this route. The tyre situation was well known, it was brought up in the briefing and if there were uncertainties then a simple question could have resolved any doubt in this matter.

The series has grown rapidly in recent months and as it evolves it cannot be all things to all people. In some respects it has perhaps become a victim of its own success in attracting the calibre of riders that now wish to enter. One needs to remember though that the aim has been to provide a "grassroots" for motorsport... The emphasis of this being at clubman level. Those boundaries have not been rigidly set precisely so that new riders as well as fast riders can be brought under the umbrella of the championship to avoid the series stagnating (at any level).

We can all sit here and play armchair generals on technical infringements, licensing issues, novice versus expert status and so forth. Ultimately all that will serve to do is lead to divisions and see the poularity of the series wane. As Johan points out, SIC have invested significant resources to make this a success and brought in a tyre sponsorship deal to help with the individual rider cost.

Sure its not a perfect series, but this isn't a perfect world and until someone comes up with anything that comes remotely close I for one would like to see us all get behind the organisers and support them. If there are ways to improve then lets have suggestions which can be routed via the correct channels. I for one sit on an informal panel along with a number of others (Singaporean riders were invited but did not join) and would be happy to raise any issues with the Clerk of the Course and/or General Manager of Sepang.

Yours sincerely
Gareth Williams
"The Blue Cat"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Tug

Guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Catt

We can all sit here and play armchair generals
With no bike what else am I supposed to do

Ever thought of being an MP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode