MSS round 2 race report ??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Tug

MSS round 2 race report ???

Come on you muppets, Scores on the doors? Pit lane gossip? Brolly Boilers???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 10:58 PM

tears at bedtime MSS rd 2

I think we all had a pretty good weekend, Carl's was slightly soiled by doing a "Murray" on lap 13 of the second race. I think it was due to a small lapse in concentration rather than Capitano Crash. Any comments Carl?

There was a little controversy in the Novice category after the second race. 2 of the registered riders (who were knocking out 1.13ís quite regularly) were not actually novices believe it or not, i.e. The MSS was not the first event they had taken part in.

After the race they were asked to retire (which they did not) despite admitting to have competed in other events previously. Of course all this took time and the time limit (30 min) after the race elapsed and a formal protest was not allowed. Slightly frustrating since a protest form was not made available by the circuit even when asked for. The riders in question were presented with the trophies however will not be awarded the points and will start the next round with zero points and in the open class.

Their argument was based upon a mistake made by the registration secretary, I find this a little hard to believe especially since they were asked to sign an attendance sheet after the riders briefing which categorised the individual riders.

Not a very good display of sportsmanship or ambassadors to the sport. Hopefully we will make good enough examples of them.

With 2 months before the next event there is plenty of time to get some practise in. Has anybody else got something to add?

Is it the full circuit next time? Oh yeah, I beat Legend which made my week.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:04 AM

Some more

Definitely a good weekend notwithstanding YP's gardening expedition.

A good turnout by the Singapore crowd (Keith, Gareth, YP, Nils, Legend, Hannu, Boycie and me plus several sporting wives). Supplemented by a number of fit new Malaysian babes and a seriously undressed threesome attached to one of the car teams (sorry, didn't take a camera).

The regulations are generally being ignored. Tons of rumours that many 600s are tuned. Several guys not on Pirellis, not picked up by the standard scrutineering though rumbled soon after; however, I heard one managed to race on some other hoops.

Both SSP and SBK are increasingly competitive with 1:12s/1:10s at the top of the table. Even the man with the slowest best time in SBK (me) managed to knock off nearly three seconds over the weekend (1:17s). And of course Will beat The Legend: so did I in both races! Thanks for the go-faster tips Dave, you're a good sport.

Congratulations to Nils for getting on the podium with 1:13s.

Roll on July, I'll be on the new bike. Just as well too, the cops served two fixed-camera speeding tickets on me at the border, one dated Dec 03 and the other Jan 01! I said I'd take it up with the Johor police station and didn't have to pay or even give my address; this becomes the problem of my bike's next owner!

1-4 The Road

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 12:47 AM

A good weekend although I spoled it somewhat by crashing on the 3rd lap of race 2. I quailified in 12th place with a fairly slow time so not so happy with that. In the first race I had a good start and managed to beat at least 3 people who I thought I wouldn't be able to beat so I was very happy with that.

In the 2nd race a pretty good start but came behind Omar and Jeff who I had beat in the 1st race. However I did a very good 1st lap and passed Omar on the straight without problems. Next lap I passed Jeff going into turn 1, he kept his line close to the apex so forced me out which meant I had to take a very tight line in turn 2. Coming out of turn 2 I was a bit too eager with the throttle while still being lent over so the rear wheel spun out under me and that was that!

I later found out that I set a new PB with 1.12.0 on the 2nd lap so some consolation.

As stated earlier Silva did very well getting into the low 1.13's and ending up 5th. I'm not sure where Slasher ended up but 4th or 5th I think. Hannu is just getting better and did a 1.11.8!

It was a great weekend with a large SBR participation. I think a great time was had by all!

What a shame it is 2 months to the next race!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 02:13 AM

Mixed bag for me!

Practice and qualifying absolute nightmare, very slow and worried about the front brakes which only seemed to work well with the lever jammed up against the bar!!

Can't say that was putting me off too much, it was just the lack of practice and tiny balls slowing me down.

Qualified 10th on the grid but managed to get a new set of pads for the bike about 5 mins before Race 1 which worked wonders.

Appalling Start, giving places away like Xmas presents, but got into the swing of things by lap 2. Set my personal best of 1:13.51 and did two or three laps at that pace but not without cost. I was pushing to hard and left the track twice. A mild departure a turn 4 without drama, and a massive overshoot on the last turn which saw me pass the marshalling post, traverse two gravel traps, bounce the wrong way over the rumble strip of the full tracks last turn and back onto the main sraight. How I managed not to drop it is beyond me!

Race two was similar, appalling start and gift wrapped some more places through turns 1&2. Regained composure later to take a few places back, then another overshoot at turn 4 gave them back etc, etc, etc till the flag.

Despite the poor performace, very happy with lap times and generally enjoyed it more than the last round.

Congratualtion to Nils for a well deserved podium.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 06:07 AM

I rode like a right girly caant and everyone else had a great time ... hahaha ... weekend as usual then :-)

Saw Johan in the pits, looking a little worse for wear ... bloody good show for turning up though ... and speaking of which .. the whole series has become a 'bloody good show' .. can you believe the turn out !!! .... it looked like close to 40 bikes in the pits .. or more !!

Awesome !! ......

And as for depth of talent ... top 5 places for SBK in 1.10's !!!

What a top weekend !! .....
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 07:32 AM

Never mind that the colour scheme of my bike looked like an art project from my 4 year old, nor that I have no idea where I eventually finished, nor that my you could do long division on my times and still not get near the front runners....

I stayed on and finished and feel fucking bloody marvellous.

Thanks to everyone that made it possible and enjoyable
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 06:08 PM

Cool Photos

Can you guys please post some of the photos you and the waifs were taking?

1-4 The Road
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 12:41 AM

Otherwise occupied!

I know it wasn't this weekend but we definately need to do something about the lack of brollies on the starting grid.

Legend and myself are formulating a plan.

While you guys were wrestling with wet leathers in the scorching heat last october. i took some time out to improve the SBR awaremess amongst the fans.

The lad behind is taking a picture since the girl to my left has her hand down the back of my trousers. Moments later a prehistoric bird swooped out of the sky and stole his camera!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0027.jpg (69.3 KB, 52 views)
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 01:45 AM

Quote:
the girl to my left has her hand down the back of my trousers.
Was she trying to fish your empty wallet?

Top marks to Kenny Lee for being the only rider on the grid with the foresight to arrange a brolly girl. I tried to suggest this to Lorna before Round 1 and almost got the brolly over my head.

Last edited by MSS37; 06-01-2004 at 01:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode