Rolled out my new ride - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Rolled out my new ride

Got myself a Honda NSR250R SP.

Why a 2 stroker? Well....i just felt like trying out a stroker and see wat its all about....

Rolled it out on Monday....rode the little beast about Singapore for hours just trying out the bike....Did not rev it up....just got on the gas a little here and there....

Today...i took it out for a spin and rev it up....my oh my...the little beast has an amazing pull...nothing like the 400s i rode....the blast you get after it revs past 7000rpm is mind boggling....yeah...yeah...

This little beast is one quick bike.....but the bitch about it is the lack of engine braking...trademark of 2 strokers....you get off the gas and the fella keeps on going.....scared the crap out of me the bike did....never rode a 250 2 stroke before...only them 150s...the 250s are really something else..... really something else....extremely light...weighs nothing....

love the bike to bits....

brought it to Joes today to get stuff sorted out....the damn rear shock is soft and so are the froks...

get on the brakes hard and the whole bike sinks in....

Gonna service the forks next week at Joes...and maybe order in an Ohlins rear shock....sad thing is...Joe mentioned there might be no stock and he said something about modifying a 600 rear shock and shove it in there.....

met these two chinese chaps at joes that supposedly race these NSRs back in China....and they have lots of bits from HRC and JHA... will be in contact with them ....

HRC Racing Harnass, Airbox, Exhaust system, derestrict the fella, even the CDI from HRC.... got me all excited....but got to hold the horses and learn the machine first...especially the lack of engine braking...dont wanna end up in the gravel becuase of sheer stupidity...... power is nothing without control eh? bits from HRC or JHA will come...but the shock and forks have got to be sorted out....

next on the list also are boots and gloves...my old boots have a colony of god knows wat living in there.....my gloves are so shite they could be handed over to the gardener to use.....

and then i will move on from a bikeless wannabe to a wannabe with a bike.....

pics up soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:21 PM

Hey Wolfboy - does it look like this....

Not many ponies but as quick as most in the tight stuff. Engine braking?? That's what the lever on the right bar is for!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bathurst2.jpg (65.5 KB, 128 views)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 06:14 PM

Saves you buying a slipper clutch.

Last edited by MSS37; 05-11-2004 at 06:16 PM.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 03:55 AM

Nice one 'Smokey' ...... hurry up and get some pics of yer machine up here .....

And .... well farkin done getting the suspension sorted out and getting your kit sorted ... see ... all my piss taking and general giving of shite has got your going in the right direction after all ...

You just follow in my footsteps little man ... and maybe one day you will grow up to be the Legend I have become
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

GD..the bike in the pic is also an NSR 250 but its the PGMIII....

Mine is the later version which is the PGM IV that has a pro arm...

the PGM III has the double swingarm....

The bike has few ponies....about 40hp when restricted...but weighs nothing.... goes up pretty high with bits strapped on...

The bits put on the bike should be able to get it a flying....

Joe raced PGM III in the past and he said that ther was this woman who was doing 1:37s on a PGM......sheesh....

BIke would be fab for PG....
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 07:53 PM

Blue haze & the good old days

That pic is an old bike of mine at Bathurst a hundred years ago - never knew it was called a PGMIII?? Mine was good for about 215kph - down the straight and around most corners

I have seen the pro armed ones and they do look pretty good, what year model is your then??

Only 40hp, Singers must have some serious restrictions for 2 strokers

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 08:01 PM

The old girl

Found another old pic of mine - not a bad looking machine considering it was over 10 years ago!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bathurst3.jpg (42.9 KB, 84 views)

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 09:02 PM

Re: The old girl

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
Found another old pic of mine - not a bad looking machine considering it was over 10 years ago!!!
Nice bit of kit there Davo ... you know .. it's easy to forget how long you have been on this planet ... what with that cute baby face of yours .... I'm sure you must have more 'cobwebs' in that closet of yours ..... common ... lets see more pics while we're waiting for Smokie to get his act together ...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 10:25 PM

Once upon a time.....

Baby face haha, I'll take that as a compliment Ledge.

I don't need much encouragement when it comes to pics and you know it

First bike was a wicked and wobbly RG500 (can't find a pic??) that I ran in formula 3 (with the ZXR's etc) then went on to the main production class in Oz before the 600's arrived, the 250 proddies which included the RGV's, NSR's then later on the RS Aprilia's etc.

I've got a bunch of funny pics - here are a few

This (middle) was an RGV of mine at Oran Park in the early days - 1991.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1991oranpark.jpg (68.2 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Gixxer_Dave; 05-12-2004 at 10:37 PM.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 10:35 PM

My favourite

A year later at Amaroo Park - this place had a Shah Alam type feel but was rougher and had steel armco pretty much all the way around and lots of patched up tar.

The best part was cresting the main straight (which wasn't) in top gear while all you could see was sky as the road fell away before turn 2. A decent lap was under 50 secs!!!

It got closed down a few years ago as there wasn't enough air fencing to cover the place and locals complained about the noise.

They used to race touring cars there and god knows how anyone ever had room to pass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1992amaroopark.jpg (54.8 KB, 79 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode