This One Going Out To Gixxer Dave - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

This One Going Out To Gixxer Dave

Hey GD,

What we gonna do to help Troy get some scores on the doors. He was fastest in the wet warm up, second fastest in second qualifying (also in the wet) and then drops it "at walking pace" on lap 2.

I'm a huge Bayliss fan, what can we do to help him get his mojo back ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 05:27 PM

Wet behind the ears

I'm a bit out of touch, but I guess he wasn't performing a la Silverstone SBK 02?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

he fell of twice that time didn't he, and still managed to come in with a credible result?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 06:12 PM

that's the one

Yep,

he binned it twice, ended up 5th, and may even have set a fastest lap. I guess from what you are saying he's a little scared of the rain....
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Chumley,

How you settling in down under? Pleased with the move?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 08:01 PM

Down under

Well,

Arrived here in what was meant to be Autumn. Still haven't unpacked the long trousers... It's great mate.

The little fella will love it (when he and the missus eventually get here)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 01:35 AM

Missing link

Sorry for the slow reply, just spent the day swanning around Phillip Island - I'll have to post a couple of pics soon.....

Can't say I can recommend using the super soft SC1 on the rear even in the cooler weather, is well and truely shagged after about 40 laps.

True story about Troy, when I saw he was second fastest in the morning wet session I went and wacked a fiver on him for the win (and another on Biaggi!! What was I thinking??). So it looks like no new shoes for the boy for a few more weeks

The answer: let him run the old clanger of an 03 model, sure it smoked the tyres most of the way round, but is a mile better than this new POS they've given him. Bit like Frankie C in the supers

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 04:36 AM

Much as it pains me to say it but Ducati seem to be barking up the wrong tree in their design.

Troy is good at jumping on any bike and making it go fast like in the SBK. But with prototypes, the rider is critical in getting the right development direction. Witness Checa's last qualifying- I bet that many of the settings for his bike trickled down from Rossi's, without which he was wallowing midfield to worse.

That said, I think that there will be a couple of tracks which the new Ducs will be spectacular at (I hope anyway) because it seems to be more optimised in a certain way emphasising the strengths but also the weakness.

Also the times at the front have dropped dramatically this year which makes everything else look worse.

Biaggi seems a new man this year. No more bitchin', aggresively chasing which he never liked to do and sliding the rear tyre??? Since when did a 250 rider pull that one? He always rode the front. Anyway full marks to him.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Bayliss Comes off again

Poor old Troy.... he's had more crashes than me recently.

Everything looked good with a 2nd row start and off the line, but out of the first corner he had already been dropped into obscurity and then faded away, was overtaken by Xaus and crashed on the penultimate lap........

Re-wind the tape to Donnington and if it weren't for his amazing speedway skills he would have been off there too. What to do ??

Commentators made reference to a fisty-cuffs between Biaggi and Hodgson... can anyone elaborate on that.

Great ride from Sete.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 02:38 PM

Bad to worse

I would be surprised if Troy is with Ducati next year after this years poor results........ if the bike hasn't exploded he's thrown it away. Lorry hasn't really faired too much better since their first year.

Apparently Max rolled off the throttle which ran Neil onto the dirt
Neil then tracked him down afterwards and had a shot at him - not sure that anything was actually thrown??

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode