letter from euro land - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

letter from euro land

Hello lads

so me, missus, cats and the mighty duck are sitting it out in transit to new home in the land of euro - another world after the isle of muppets we miss already. no spice and 21% vat. -4deg C hail and all that. you can fettle your motor without working up a sweat though. good news is the belgians ride bikes and track days are on. Im watching your antics, new bikes and the warm up for a great MSS season, so behave yourselves - badly

thanks for the good times and stay the right way up

nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:44 PM

Final Race Preps and Highway "shakedowns" (isn't that the technical term) won't be viewed with the same flexibility in Belgian though I suspect !!

Did you ever contact Peter Lim from Insports photography to get yr photos that he was brandishing optimistically around last time I saw him.....

Take Care
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:59 PM

WTF R U doin in chocolate land

Nik make sure you get to Circuit Zolder. Farkin great circuit..rode there many a time.. 2 chiqcanes and turn one is a fast down hill left hander that end in a sharp right hander...don't worry plenty of gravel They used to hold mid week open races for licience holders which were a blast!
Get hold of Stephan Mertens, i think he has a track school and can organise a proper licience application. You have to attend a couple of FIM courses thou. Have fun and stay off the waffles, yer slow enough as it is

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:03 PM

here ya go

LINK to CIRCUIT ZOLDER

Brought back a few mems that did!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:15 PM

But don't mention the war!!!

You'd also have to slip on over to the Nur-burger-ring for a go wouldn't ya - careful of all those loonie krouts though

Forget the chocolate BP, I'd be more than happy having the bevy of Belgian beers (what a mouthful - literally) as me local drop

I'll message over me address shortly so you know where to send the first slab

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:44 PM

Gone...How when why?

Nick

Didnt even know you were going. It could have been another excuse for more drink, scalextric and drink.

Good luck in Belgium.

PS Was it worth having the metal work removed from your shoulder? I'm supposed to have mine out in a few months but not convinced its worth it.

How much ah?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 03:55 PM

Re: Gone...How when why?

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycie
Was it worth having the metal work removed from your shoulder? I'm supposed to have mine out in a few months but not convinced its worth it.

How much ah?
Boycie you should, because you could have that cosmetic surgey to repair yr cracked nipples done at the same time. And all this while I thought it was breastfeeding that casued that sort of ailment?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 12:32 AM

Well, I knew you were going but you did slip out very quietly. I'll miss our drinks and chats at the Concorde on race-weekends. Wish you all the best!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

metal bits n piece - photos

yup BC, i splased out on full set of me going slowly enlarged and framed - recommend peters fine work to all of you

Boycie - the extraction of metal was easy day surgery and you get a bit more mobility + reduced risk of problems later on. the exotic metals can be shaped for high tech replacement levers / exhaust hangers or just put on the mantlepiece to remind you not to be a plonker

BP postcard from zolder to follow one fine day - thanks mate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode