Sportbike World banner

Legend gets PC in Sing bike forum .. NOT!!

3K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  bigphil 
#1 ·
#2 ·
For sale the slowest R1 in the world

Ran it in for 10K like this:
gear 1 alway 40-45

gear 2 always 50-60

gear 3 always 70-80

gear 4 always 80-100

gear 5 always around 80-120

I run in my bike for 10,000 km. (130km or less)

Now it runs like a CB400 but cost twice as much to insure and service hence sale.
Just to make life complicated I wont let you see it and I wont reveal the price:loser:
Knob :twofinger

#3 ·
Oh yeah right

and now he won't " sell to you even if you offer the best price" Fark orf. What a little berk.
A Singaporean turning down hard cash...yeah right and i'm fookin santa!:D

#5 ·
Issue of running in...

1) Some say to run in at certain RPMs and keep it there at any gear. For example, if you are told to run in at 6000rpms(400cc), you are to change gear at that RPM. From 1st to sixth. This is to extend for the entire run in period.

2) Some say to progressively drag the RPM to higher levels as you progress in your run in.

3) Some say to just give it a good pull at bursts.

So which is the correct one and when looking at distance, for how long do you run in. I never owned a new bike before and before I screw up my new one....gotta find out.

Strokers have a different method of running in too right?

#6 ·
Re: Issue of running in...

WOLVERINE II said:
..... and before I screw up my new one....gotta find out.
so ... you've got 50 years to still find out right ?? ...

or are you finally giving up with school since you never fark go anyway and going to start earning a real living and get a bike again .. ??

... let me guess though ... a hyungosungyshitefarkything ... 150 cc ... BIG side mirrors and chrome indicators .. ??

#7 ·
aren't we the linguist?

Legend said:
so ... you've got 50 years to still find out right ?? ...

or are you finally giving up with school since you never fark go anyway and going to start earning a real living and get a bike again .. ??

... let me guess though ... a hyungosungyshitefarkything ... 150 cc ... BIG side mirrors and chrome indicators .. ??
50 yrs? Come on....gimme a little credit...i see it coming in 49 and 3/4 yrs... Now, thats an achievement by my standards....

Earn a real living? Like you.....If sitting behind a desk flooding forums with crap half the time and pretending like you are working is considered earning a living, tell me where to sign up....

Anyway, school is out in two months and I will be venturing out into the working world.....quite exciting if you ask me....however, I am quite sure you chaps would go back to school if you had the oppurtunity.....:eek:

Ps...I tried pronouncing the shite you typed about the bike.... try saying it to yourself once, twice and then three times as fast as you can.....:rolleyes:

#8 ·
Oh dearest wolfie.

AFter all these years of SIngapores finest education and you still jump on every hook thrown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Running in.

If the bloke in question actually did some research on the matter instead of talkin shite to anybody that will listen he would know
that new bikes need very little if any running in.
Running in was very important in the days when mass production and tolerances and quality control was done by people. Running in allowed bearings/ surfaces that were too tight to lap each other to the correct tolerance/ ( lapping = 2 metal surfaces rubbing togther with minimal lubricant to polish each other to an equal surface finish).
Nowa days production lines and the supply of acurately measured quality components allows for exact mix and match manufacture to designers specs and therefor engines come off the line ready to go!! This also makes "blue printing" obsolete!

You dont see rossi running in his engines after his mech boys have just built a new one!!! ever wondered why???

I am also a firm believer in never changing engine oil under normal conditions ( i'm not joking)

Take it easy

:twofinger

#11 ·
Re: Running in

yellow peril said:
Why do manufacturers handbooks state that the engine should be run in then?

Are you serious about the no oil changes?
Product liability is the main reason for the statment, its the best excuse in the book for refusingh to pay out a warranty claim.

BP never changes the oil cos he cant stay on long enough to need an oil change :twofinger
1-4 The road never changes oil now because the sump plug always falls out after you change the oil:twofinger :twofinger
I never change the oil now cos the DR burns it so fast there is no need to change :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger Bike still for sale :crying:

I change the oil on a new bike for standard mineral oil at 800 and 1600, then at 3000 I switch to Synthetic and change every 3000 after that. Running in isnt needed but sealing the rings is still important. Three heat cycles usuallty does the trick, 20 mins three quarter revs no tall gears and no constant rpm. Leave till cool before the same again but for 40 mins. Again cool before the last session 60 mins full revs. It works out as ride home from the shop, ride down to show your missus, ride over the border to the track and then thrash the living daylights out of it:D

Cant see BP's logic of not changing oil but Im sure he can persuade me with a head lock and some oxygen starvation :hurl:

#12 ·
Oil change

I thought that'd get ya all paying attention. Well here goes.
Providing the oil doesn't burn ( which seperates out the doping agents that keep your engine internals clean and oil ways clear. Oil actually polishes itself over time .The molecules get smoother and of uniform size and can therefore create a better protecting film. As long as your filter has the ability to absorb and trap any particules that may come it's way then your fine!!! The only potential issue is the oil ability to handle moisture!! Normal moisture in the air and therefore in your crankcases will evapourate and not be absorbed into the oil to the extent whereby the heat transmission and lubricating quality's go out the window. On the whole synthetics stand up to heat cycles better than minerals and are widely used in situations where bikes get thrashed on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with changing your oil but you do stand a chance of getting more crap in than you're taking out!!!! Not to mention leaving your sump plug loose..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh!:crying:

#13 ·
Re: Oil change

bigphil said:
I thought that'd get ya all paying attention. Well here goes.
Providing that you can type ( which seperates out Legend) that keep your audience clean and arse clear. Oly actually polishes his knob all the time . Silver Spurter gets smoother and of uniform size and can therefore spurt better protecting film. As long as Mrs Slasha has the ability to absorb and trap any particules that may come her way then your fine!!! The only potential issue is Julie's bra size!! Normal moisture in the air and therefore in your arse ol will evapourate and not be absorbed by Wolverines huge head to the extent whereby McPeril and Big Phil come out the 'closet'. On the whole Mayo stands up to heat cycles better than most and is widely used and thrashed on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a good thrashing but you do stand a chance of getting more crap in than BlueCats bellypan!!!! Not to mention leaving your bum plug loose..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh!:crying:

#14 ·
Full of shit?

Well BP, if I didn't know you're such a serious man, I'd say you were full of shit! How do you explain that every time you change the oil the engine sounds a lot quieter then? Of course, noise is caused by friction which is what the oil is there to prevent in the first place so new oil means less friction.

:barf: :barf:

#15 ·
BP is racing!

Despite recents reports in a previous thread where BP claimed not to plan to race this year, the truth has finally emerged.

A recent ploy to bugger up all the oppos bikes by suggesting the bikes would be much faster with no oil changes is easily identified as a cunning plan to convert other riders engines from hi-tech precision engineering to lumps of metal resembling souveriers from Chernobil!

BP - Your game is up!!

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

#16 ·
Andy C....bollocks ...i dont need to bugger anybodies bike up ...gravel traps seem to be doing a fine job.

Mc peril. Nice logic
How do you explain that every time you change the oil the engine sounds a lot quieter then? Of course, noise is caused by friction which is what the oil is there to prevent in the first place so new oil means less friction.
Switching the engine off also makes it quieter and less friction so why don't we all do that then:twofinger

If new oil makes yer engine quieter then i'd say you'll be having a visit from the bad bearing fairies soon!.
And the "noise is caused by friction" is a corker and to apply Mcps theory, if i've got new oil then where the fark is all the racket under me tank coming from!:confused:

And on a serious note. When you change oil you inevitably top her up to the correct level..therefore reducing the air void in the crankcases and thus the airspace to act as a reverb chamber.
Hence a quieter engine.
:D

Bring it on Mc P, i can keep this up for days!! ( opening for Legend/ margerine II cheap shot)

#19 ·
bigphil said:
Bring it on Mc P, i can keep this up for days!! ( opening for Legend/ margerine II cheap shot) ..... umm ... ok ....
I heard, and on good authority .... that maybe NOW you can 'keep it up for ages' ... but for many weeks after the crash your ego was so bruised cause you fell on yer face, and cried like a weeeeneeee on the back straight ..... that you suffered sever errectile disfunction ..... (look it up Wolverbunny ... that's why you are such a waaanka ... cause you caaan't spank) ... mind you .... I hear it's not as bad as what Boycie went through .... HE had such sever ED .. that in INVERTED .. and he had a snatch for a WEEK !!!

#20 ·
Set the record straight

i never cried when down with broken leg.
I screamed a few gods name in vain Ok, but i save my crying for watching Legend ride a perfectly good bike like a girl!!

Erectile what..little too much talkin again and not much doing ...pretty much par for the kiwi course!!!
Kiwi's = well balanced bunch..got a chip on both shoulders!!

Heiniken replaced my ego years ago...much to the distaste of Ohlins, power commander and trick goodies. No boys if you lob loadsa wonga you'll be fast ...honest you will!!
Halo anybody awake still

Cheers

#21 ·
Dream On Legend....

Legend said:
... mind you .... I hear it's not as bad as what Boycie went through .... HE had such sever ED .. that in INVERTED .. and he had a snatch for a WEEK !!!

.......you know I'm never going to sleep with you no matter how disturbing your sexual fantasies are!

I've got no idea why motorcycle injuries and erections are related but for the purpose of scientific arguement ...true...I..don't remember 'playing tents' in hospital. Strange but true!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.